ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visa time length

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shuaib1991
Newly Registered

Standard visa time length

Post by shuaib1991 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi, I was hoping someone could help please- my wife and I applied for a settlement visa- she is an American Citizen and I am a British Citizen. the visa is for her to come settle in the UK.

Her biometrics was on 11th of April 2018. We were given a Not straight forward email on the 56 working days- my employer and I received enquiry calls. On the 60th working day I escalated the case I also contact the local MP so they could find out what is happening.

My wife received a "Final Stages" email a week and a half ago- my local MP found out that no additional documents are needed, enquiry calls received confirmed- this was a week ago.

I called the Home office yesterday and still no decision is made. I am only freaking out since people on forums in the same situation as me have shared their situation and they have been waiting an additional 2-3+ months after the "Final Stages" email.

At this stage- is there anything more I can do? How much longer can the Home office just delay the visa- it seems as though they are paying more attention to maybe the more lucrative cases i.e. the student visas.

If there is anything I can do or any contact you have which you think may be able to help- please let me know. I haven't seen my wife in quite a while- I am really hoping I don't have to wait much longer.

Many Thanks