ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice to marry

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LM2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Notice to marry

Post by LM2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:50 am

I am non eu, 10yrs overstayer in a relationship with EU citizen, we been together for 4yrs and living together for 3yrs, we have a 20months old babe girl. We planing to get married, we have an appointment in 3 weeks time. As an overstayer without application pending im shitting myself, i wanted to apply for unmarried partner before we give notice, but my lawyer side they will refuse my application without my passport.

Please any info or advice will be much welcome

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Notice to marry

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:19 am

Has you legal advisor explained that when you give notice to marry the Registrar is legally bound to notify the Home Office who can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both (separately) should the choose to do so, before the wedding can go ahead. He should also have made you aware that without any pending application, you are at risk of being detained during the interview. :idea:

How will you register to marry without a passport :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

LM2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LM2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:06 pm

Thanks for your reply Case
Can i be detained at the register or you mean by home office if they choose to interview us,?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:08 pm

LM2 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:06 pm
Thanks for your reply Case
Can i be detained at the register or you mean by home office if they choose to interview us,?
By HO if they choose to interview each of you separately or if they grant permission then you could potentially be detained on your wedding day by HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LM2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LM2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:51 am

Thanks for your replay
I have app next week to give notice to marry, My father deserted me before i was born, I've never met him, my understanding is they do ask about father n mothers question when giving notice, i dont want anything to do with him in my life, I spoke to the priest about this he said they will ask me at the registry, how can I explain this if they ask?

Rachid-75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rachid-75 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello

I just send application to ho office

How long to get my residence card ????

Thank you 🙏

LM2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LM2 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:29 am

Hello 👋
We gave notice to marry three weeks ago, we haven't recevied any letter from HO yet. Our 28 days ends next week wed. what do we have to do if we havent got the letter?

I applied for eefm 4 days after giving notice, my lawyer said they have taken money but they haven't sent the confirmtion letter or email, its been over 2 weeks now. How long do they take to confirm?

LM2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LM2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:16 am

Hello 👋
My partner wants to applying for her permanent residence card, her passport is still with ho cause i applied for rc as eea efm 3 weeks ago, I have not revecied any email or letter from ho :o with case number so we can request her passport back or so we can send her application....

Will this affect my application if we request her passport back?

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:06 am

Hello
I would say wait for your marriage to take place and then apply for your RC and once you get the RC then go for her PR. Her passport will say with HO until your case is decided.

If you really want to apply PR for your partner then
second option is apply PR for your partner with the ID card.

kind regards

LM2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LM2 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Hello everyone
We been asked to attend interview on thursday at Sanford House in Solihull, this like miles away from where we live, i really dont know why they ask us to travel that far with our 20 month old baby.

Please can you share any experience about interviews, im not really looking forward this cause of my immigration back grounds..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:22 pm

The questions are likely to be similar to this member's during an interview for FLR(FP) in the link below:
immigration-for-family-members/marriage ... s#p1682071
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

LM2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LM2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Thank you for your reply much appreciate ,I've got few questions which maybe you guys can help me out with this you know I'm in overstayer. I'm so nervous for my interview on Thursday not really looking forward to it I guess that something has to be done, l been thinking of not attending but how will this affect my application which is pending ? I have worked without papers if they ask about this, how can I answer if I lie it won't be good cause it will sure on there system😒 I'm really nervous of being detained course I am the main carer for our daughter well the mother she's working long hours to support us.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:10 pm

If you fail to attend the interview you will put yourself in a worse situation than you are in now. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:14 pm

And also if you lie to HO, never a good move. They know more about you than you think they do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LM2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LM2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi guys new development good news, i received a phone call from my solicitors this afternoom, my RC was approved i should receive it in next ten days, im still going for my marriage interview tomorrow still not looking foward to it. i really cant believe it, im over the moon🤗🤗 wow this was done in 7weeks 23/8 to 8/10...

LM2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LM2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Update
We want for our interview wow it was not really any interview cause it only lasted 5mins, the officer came to us asked for docements ,which we gave to him, he want to the office "i guess he was just checking our names" when he came back he told us that he was not going to keep us long, cause ho has already approved our relationship by giving me RC. He said we should receiver our certificate next week..

On our way back my solicitor called saying she received my RC i should go a collect tomorrow..

Good luck everyone