ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life and Language in the UK Test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Andyc_999
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Life and Language in the UK Test

Post by Andyc_999 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Hi,

My wife has indefinite leave to remain and has already completed the knowledge of language and life tests as part of this previous applications. She is now applying for citizenship and we cannot seem to find confirmation documents or test numbers as requested in the form.

I do see in section 1.22 that there is a box to tick saying 'I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013' which she did. I was therefore planning to tick this box and state on a covering letter that we cannot locate the confirmation of these tests but they have been previously submitted as part of IILR applications.

I see from other posts that people seemed to think this would suffice? Does anyone have any recent experience of this being successful? We would really rather not do the tests again and it seems impossible to obtain replacement test numbers / certificates.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Life and Language in the UK Test

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:23 am

This is ok as long as you have a cover letter to state that clearly. Or do you have any copy? at least you can submit the copy if not the original.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.