ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA National Planning to Apply for BC in 2019

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chrees
Newly Registered

EEA National Planning to Apply for BC in 2019

Post by chrees » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Dear All,

I would appreciate your help on a few questions regarding my path to UK Citizenship.

My current status is as follows:

1. I am an EEA national who acquired PR as of 4 Jul 2009. The PR card was issued in Jul 2018 and I had to prove I had not lost the PR due to an absence from the UK longer than 2 years.
2. I left the UK in late 2009 and came back in Sep 2015. I did visit the country on a few occasions in the interim (hotel stays).
3. I would like to apply for a Citizenship in Jul 2019 on the back of the following 5 year period:
A. 2 days stay in London 14-15 Jul 2014 followed by a 412-day absence;
B. In employment between 1 Sep 2015 and 31 Mar 2018;
C. Self-sufficient between 1 Apr 2018 and 14 Jul 2019. Total number of days absent from the UK will not exceed 450.
4. By the time of my application, my wife and my older daughter will have a Pre-settled status under the new rules (if they indeed go through). In any case they will not have the PR yet. My younger daughter is already a BC.

Here are my questions:

1. Would I need to prove I did not lose the PR given that I went through the process in Jun 2018? If so, what documentation would I need to produce?
2. Does it pose an issue if my initial stay in 2014 was only for 2 days followed by a long absence from the country?
3. Would a hotel invoice and a copy of the flight tickets suffice to prove that I was in the UK on those days?
4. Given the requirement to be present in the UK 5 years prior to filing the application what is the most reliable to send the application? By the nationality checking service, by post or any other means?
5. Needless to say I will not be able to produce any documents proving my residence in the Aug 2014 – Sep 2015 period. I guess I am stating the obvious but I hope this is acceptable, as I would list this period as being absent from the UK.
6. What is the best way to prove my residence in the self-sufficient period? Would bank statements + confirmation of sufficient funds be enough? Or would I need council tax statements / utility bills or any other?
7. I would like to apply for the citizenship for my older daughter (6 yo next year) as well (she was born outside the UK). What are her chances if I include her in my application? As mentioned above, my wife will not have the PR yet, but my younger daughter is already a BC.

As always, thank you very much for your valuable insights,

Krzysztof

chrees
Newly Registered

Re: EEA National Planning to Apply for BC in 2019

Post by chrees » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:37 pm

Dear All,

I would really appreciate your help here.

Thank you in advance

chrees
Newly Registered

Re: EEA National Planning to Apply for BC in 2019

Post by chrees » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:37 pm

Dear All,

I would really appreciate your help here.

Thank you in advance