ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa 6 Months basis

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

humble_pie14
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa 6 Months basis

Post by humble_pie14 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Hello Folks,

Just need to clarify a technical question, I intend to apply for partner's visa on basis of 6 months employment.
Now my employment has started on 2nd of February 2018, so technically on 2nd of August 2018 my 6 months with current employer will be completed. Now I have already received my last payslip today, hence I got all the six payslips.

So if i book my wife's biometrics for tomorrow, would that class as less than 6 months in current employment on the date of application ? Obviously I will send them payslips and bank statements and all. But not sure how importance is there on 6 months time period ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa 6 Months basis

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:13 pm

humble_pie14 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:32 pm
So if i book my wife's biometrics for tomorrow, would that class as less than 6 months in current employment on the date of application ?
Yes. And unless you submit the online application you can't book biometrics.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

humble_pie14
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by humble_pie14 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:23 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:13 pm
humble_pie14 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:32 pm
So if i book my wife's biometrics for tomorrow, would that class as less than 6 months in current employment on the date of application ?
Yes. And unless you submit the online application you can't book biometrics.

Thanks very much for replying. Sorry what you mean by online application ?

Secondly if I book the biometrics for 2nd of August. That means I fulfil the 6 months requirment ? Considering the employment start date on the contract is 2nd of February.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:40 pm

Date of application is when you will apply online instead date of biometrics. So without submitting online application you can't book biometrics in advance.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:41 pm

humble_pie14 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:23 pm
Thanks very much for replying. Sorry what you mean by online application ?
VAF4A is an online application if you are applying from outside the UK and then Appendix FM is the paper part of the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

humble_pie14
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by humble_pie14 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:51 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:40 pm
Date of application is when you will apply online instead date of biometrics. So without submitting online application you can't book biometrics in advance.
Thank you for clarifying this.

I have already created an online account and fill the form and pressed the submit button. But luckily
haven't book the biometrics appointment or paid for the application.

Now that means once the 6 months are completed I have to re-start a new application ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:20 pm

humble_pie14 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:51 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:40 pm
Thank you for clarifying this.

Now that means once the 6 months are completed I have to re-start a new application ?
Yes unless you use category B if you have previously worked for another employer and earned already £18600 during the last 12 months. But preferably wait until you complete 6 months which isn't far from today.

humble_pie14
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by humble_pie14 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi Again,

I got my flat about 7 months ago on rent basis from an estate agent, since then I am only person living here.
At time of contract, I have put a clause in my contract stating when my wife comes to UK she can stay at my flat and letter from estate agent confirming that.

Now considering that happened 7 months ago, do I need to get a fresh letter from Landlord. Although the contract in which clause was put in is still valid until 12 November, since its a 12 months contract.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:21 pm

humble_pie14 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:54 pm
Hi Again,

I got my flat about 7 months ago on rent basis from an estate agent, since then I am only person living here.
At time of contract, I have put a clause in my contract stating when my wife comes to UK she can stay at my flat and letter from estate agent confirming that.

Now considering that happened 7 months ago, do I need to get a fresh letter from Landlord. Although the contract in which clause was put in is still valid until 12 November, since its a 12 months contract.
Ideally get a fresh letter from landlord that your tenancy agreement will be renewed & your partner will be allowed to stay upon successfully getting visa.

humble_pie14
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by humble_pie14 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:47 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:21 pm
humble_pie14 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:54 pm
Hi Again,

Ideally get a fresh letter from landlord that your tenancy agreement will be renewed & your partner will be allowed to stay upon successfully getting visa.

Luckily I just checked the letter Estate Agent issued didn't put the date on the letter. It simply says " My name xxx has stated he is in process of applying for spouse visa for his wife. XXX(Estate Agent Name) can confirm that XX 's wife(passport number) and daughter(passport number) can live at the mentioned address under the terms of current tenancy agreement"

humble_pie14
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by humble_pie14 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 am

Hi Guys,

My wife had her bio-metrics appointment this week. I am sending supporting documents to HO. I am not sure about something,

In the relationship support section I have following

1. We are married for 2 and half years, so about 60 pics of various events
2. We have a child together who has been granted Nationality so child passport copy
3.Wedding Invitation cards.
4. 6 - 7 flights tickets printouts where I visited her.
5. Family support money trail, showing I been constantly sending her support money.
6. 83 Pages of whatsapp calls log.

Now I am a little concern, since we only call voice/video via whatsapp no other mean, and whatsApp only stores call history upto a month, and I only started saving the logs for last couple of months. So all the 83 pages showing heavy call history in last 2-3 months not beyond that.

Is my relationship evidence stated above is enough ? or I need something else ?

Davit
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Davit » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:29 am

We used Whatsapp for calls etc, it should hold more call info than 1 month as I pulled a selection of calls over a 7.5 months period.
Go into Whatapps and screenshot the info with calls to your wife which show her name( first name seems ok for HO), date, time and length of calls, screenshot a couple for each week/2 week period, put multiple screenshots on A4 pages in date order then print them and include with you supporting docs.

I am not sure if just the text printouts from whatsapp is enough as these can be easily changed, so we included the text and also screenshots of the actual info in Whatsapp regarding the calls.

humble_pie14
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by humble_pie14 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:59 am

Davit wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:29 am
We used Whatsapp for calls etc, it should hold more call info than 1 month as I pulled a selection of calls over a 7.5 months period.
Go into Whatapps and screenshot the info with calls to your wife which show her name( first name seems ok for HO), date, time and length of calls, screenshot a couple for each week/2 week period, put multiple screenshots on A4 pages in date order then print them and include with you supporting docs.

I am not sure if just the text printouts from whatsapp is enough as these can be easily changed, so we included the text and also screenshots of the actual info in Whatsapp regarding the calls.
Hmm I cannot get more than 1 month call logs on idiot-phone. I am including screenshot of actual info of the calls.