ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence letter from previous employeer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

una86

Absence letter from previous employeer

Post by una86 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:31 pm

Hello,

I am about to apply for ILR next month via the Tier 2 route. This question concerns the details that need to be included in the letter from the previous employer.

My previous employer has provided me with a letter that states that I was employed full-time from date X to date Y at a given role. The letter further lists the absences from the UK in the following format:

01/05/2015 - 5/05/2015: Paid annual leave (4 days - holiday)
23/07/2015 - 14/09/2015: Academic visit (53 days - work)

Note that there are no details on the location of the visit. I have further documents (invitation letters) to support the absences for academic visits and conferences.

Should this be fine? Is any further information in the letter required?

Thanks,
Una

Akorotaeva

Re: Absence letter from previous employeer

Post by Akorotaeva » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Not too sure re location, but I don't think it matters too much as they do say it's out of the UK.

FYI, days of departures and arrivals don't count, so your first absence is 3 days.

Tier1_General_ILR
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Tier1_General_ILR » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Is employer supposed to know where does employee go on vacation? I think employer can only vouch that the employee was on vacation but cannot confirm where did he or she go to. Am I right?

una86

Post by una86 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:57 pm

I hope so. In the system used by my previous employer, they don't record absences in detail (aside from dates and perhaps purposes). Would be good to have templates of absence letters from successful ILR applications.