ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: applying for dependant visa for my child from India

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aron_0286
Newly Registered
India

Post by aron_0286 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:38 pm

My child was born in the UK in september 2017 but sent her to India when she was 45 days old. My tier 1 Visa was expiring in October 2017. I did not apply for her visa then as my Visa was about to expire. Now my tier 1 extension Visa has arrived. I now want to apply for my daughter who is in India. She is almost 11 months old now. What is the process I should follow.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Which category of Tier 1 did you apply for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aron_0286
Newly Registered
India

Post by aron_0286 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi, I applied for a tier 1 entrepreneur extension. I got a visa extension in this month.
Last edited by aron_0286 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:26 pm

There is more than one category of Tier 1 visa. Which one have you applied for???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aron_0286
Newly Registered
India

Post by aron_0286 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi sorry about that , it's tier 1 entrepreneur extension. Thank you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:54 pm

aron_0286 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:38 pm
My child was born in the UK in september 2017 but sent her to India when she was 45 days old. My tier 1 Visa was expiring in October 2017. I did not apply for her visa then as my Visa was about to expire. Now my tier 1 extension Visa has arrived. I now want to apply for my daughter who is in India. She is almost 11 months old now. What is the process I should follow.
Normal PBS dependant application. Where is your partner and what visa is your partner on ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

amu123456789
India

Post by amu123456789 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi aron
What was your timeline .
Thnx

aron_0286
Newly Registered
India

Post by aron_0286 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:30 am

Hi Marcnath,

My partner and child are both in India. My partner was here till October 2017 she was on the PBS dependent visa, till October 2017. Just a month prior to our visas expired we had a child born in UK. They left for India, while I was prepared for a tier 1 entrepreneur extension. Now that I have received my tier 1 entrepreneur extension, I will apply for PBS dependant for both of them. I was a bit confused before as my child was born in UK and was here for 45 days before sending her to India.

Thank you Marcnath.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Amu,
My tier 1 entrepreneur visa was till October 2017, my wife's dependent visa was also expiring on the same date as mine. A month prior to our visas expired my child was born. They went to India, while I applied for a tier 1 entrepreneur extension. I received my extension in July 2018. Now I am planning to apply visas for my wife and child.
Thank you.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:56 am

aron_0286 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:30 am
Hi Marcnath,

My partner and child are both in India. My partner was here till October 2017 she was on the PBS dependent visa, till October 2017. Just a month prior to our visas expired we had a child born in UK. They left for India, while I was prepared for a tier 1 entrepreneur extension. Now that I have received my tier 1 entrepreneur extension, I will apply for PBS dependant for both of them. I was a bit confused before as my child was born in UK and was here for 45 days before sending her to India.

Thank you Marcnath.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Amu,
My tier 1 entrepreneur visa was till October 2017, my wife's dependent visa was also expiring on the same date as mine. A month prior to our visas expired my child was born. They went to India, while I applied for a tier 1 entrepreneur extension. I received my extension in July 2018. Now I am planning to apply visas for my wife and child.
Thank you.
ok. The fact that your child was born here has no impact on the visa requirements until you get your ILR. Once you get your ILR, you can register your child for British Citizenship.

Obviously, your wife's 5 year clock for ILR is now reset, but she can remain a PBS dependant even after you get your ILR
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.