ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of abode/Certificate of entitlement for the new born

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Butterflywings
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Right of abode/Certificate of entitlement for the new born

Post by Butterflywings » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:10 am

Hi moderators,

We are expecting our child to arrive next month.

Really confused if we should apply for Right of abode or british passport directly. I want to apply for the ROA as it is quicker than applying for the passport striaghtaway. My basis of application stands on the following-

1. Father is an indian born, naturalized citizen in the UK otherwise by descent.( got naturalization and UK passport sometime between 2010-2012)
2. Mother is indian born, has got the indian passport And currently on no visa. Have been to UK twice before on visit visa after getting married to the child's father in 2006. Has been refused spouse visa once.
3. Father and the mother were married at the conception and the marital status is still the same (Has got the marriage certificate issued from India)

If i apply for ROA right after the child birth, how much time will it take for the application to process? Also I have been reading few forums that says the stories of those who have been refused ROA-COE/passport stating the fact by the ECM that the father is naturalized not born in the UK hence the child is not British in any way. Is that true in any case?

Also is it necessary to supply bank statements, pay slips, form P60 for the last 3 years and the tenancy agreement to apply for the ROA application?

In the middle of nowhere, I don't know what to prepare for ROA or Passport? Or we are not eligible for either of them?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Right of abode/Certificate of entitlement for the new born

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:29 am

ECM was mistaken.

Similar preparations. British passport requires Photograph countersignaitory.

If child wants to maintain Indian citizenship, then don't apply for a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.