ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS question on start date and intended date of travel

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waiwai

CoS question on start date and intended date of travel

Post by waiwai » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:22 am

I am in a situation where I have a assigned CoS that sates a start date of employment of 1st August.
However, due to logistics and family commitments, I have agreed with the employer for a start date of 1st September instead.

Anyone knows will that be an issue, or should be fine, as the CoS will still be valid.

Reading through the Tier-2 policy guidance it says

>... your intended travel date can be no later than 14 days after the start date of your CoS.

Hence, confused.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: CoS question on start date and intended date of travel

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:33 am

No. it doesn't matter and you can come later, as long as no more than 30 days of your VISA start date. If more than 30days, you need to apply (NOT new VISA, but delay of the entrance clearance).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

waiwai

Re: CoS question on start date and intended date of travel

Post by waiwai » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:41 am

Thanks.

I guess, the question I wanted to ask was, will it be fine if I do my application after 15th of August ?