ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shortage Occupation List - Question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Shortage Occupation - Proving Previous Experience

Post by jalison » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Hello guys,

I need your help with a question.
My company has applied this month to a restricted CoS under SOL and SOC - 2136.

I was reading the appendix K and one of the requirements of SOL caught my attention:
(a) retain references from the individual’s past employer(s) detailing the required experience, as set out in the tables below, and provide these to the Home Office on request; and

How can we prove this if they asked?

Thanks in advance.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Shortage Occupation - Proving Previous Experience

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:29 pm

jalison wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:14 pm
Hello guys,

I need your help with a question.
My company has applied this month to a restricted CoS under SOL and SOC - 2136.

I was reading the appendix K and one of the requirements of SOL caught my attention:
(a) retain references from the individual’s past employer(s) detailing the required experience, as set out in the tables below, and provide these to the Home Office on request; and

How can we prove this if they asked?

Thanks in advance.
A letter from your previous employer can prove this. Or if there is any professional certificate issued related to your job, this should also be included as the proof.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Britishhope
Mood:
India

Post by Britishhope » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:31 pm

So Ideally Experience letter from the previous employer can be taken as a proof of previous employment?

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by jalison » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Thank you @cyclina1

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:54 am

What is your job title?

Is your company a 'qualifying company' to use 2136 SOL SOC??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by jalison » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:54 am
What is your job title?

Is your company a 'qualifying company' to use 2136 SOL SOC??
Hi @CR001,

My Job title is "Senior Developer/Team Leader" and my company is a "qualified company".

Is it just a reference letter from my previous employer enough?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:01 pm

Only clarifying as 'qualifying company' for SOL jobs is not only as a licensed sponsor.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list
4. In this Appendix “qualifying company” means a company which:
(a) has obtained permission from the Home Office to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship in respect of the relevant job on the basis that the job is included on the Shortage Occupation List and the company:
(i) is licensed as a sponsor for the purposes of Tier 2 of the Points Based System,
(ii) at the time of obtaining such permission, employs between 20 and 250 employees (inclusive), or employs fewer than 20 employees and has provided a letter from the Department for International Trade, confirming that the Department has been working with the company and supports the application in relation to its trade or investment activity,
(iii) is not more than 25% owned by a company which has one or more other establishments in the UK and one of those establishments employs more than 250 employees; and
(iv) has not been established in the UK for the purpose of supplying services exclusively to a single company or company group in the UK; and
(b) will have no more than ten Tier 2 (General) Migrants working for it at any one time in jobs to which the requirement to be employed by a qualified company applies, if all Certificates of Sponsorship in respect of such jobs lead to a grant of leave as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant.
2136 Programmers and software development professionals Only the following jobs in this occupation code:

Senior developer employed by a qualifying company, where the job requires a person with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience and demonstrable experience of having led a team.

The following jobs in visual effects and 2D/3D computer animation for the film, television or video games sectors:

software developer
shader writer
games designer
The following jobs in the electronics system industry:
driver developer
embedded communications engineer
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by jalison » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:01 pm
Only clarifying as 'qualifying company' for SOL jobs is not only as a licensed sponsor.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list
(a) has obtained permission from the Home Office to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship in respect of the relevant job on the basis that the job is included on the Shortage Occupation List and the company:
(i) is licensed as a sponsor for the purposes of Tier 2 of the Points Based System,
(ii) at the time of obtaining such permission, employs between 20 and 250 employees (inclusive), or employs fewer than 20 employees and has provided a letter from the Department for International Trade, confirming that the Department has been working with the company and supports the application in relation to its trade or investment activity,
(iii) is not more than 25% owned by a company which has one or more other establishments in the UK and one of those establishments employs more than 250 employees; and
(iv) has not been established in the UK for the purpose of supplying services exclusively to a single company or company group in the UK; and
(b) will have no more than ten Tier 2 (General) Migrants working for it at any one time in jobs to which the requirement to be employed by a qualified company applies, if all Certificates of Sponsorship in respect of such jobs lead to a grant of leave as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant.
2136 Programmers and software development professionals Only the following jobs in this occupation code:

Senior developer employed by a qualifying company, where the job requires a person with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience and demonstrable experience of having led a team.

The following jobs in visual effects and 2D/3D computer animation for the film, television or video games sectors:

software developer
shader writer
games designer
driver developer
Thank you @CR001! Yes, I know that and they do qualify.

Do you know what HO ask and what can I use to prove about the above paragraph?

Thanks a lot

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Shortage Occupation List - Question

Post by jalison » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Guys,

I am confused about the description for the soc code 2136 on the Shortage Occupation List.
Is it 3 categories like I separated above or the is just 2 categories and both (2 and 3) requires the number 1?

Only the following jobs in this occupation code:

software developer
shader writer
games designer

driver developer

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Shortage Occupation List - Question

Post by jalison » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:53 pm

Guys,

Do you have any idea about this?

Thank u

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:57 pm

It is either (2) or (3)

For (1) it is also being a qualifying company.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by jalison » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:57 pm
It is either (2) or (3)

For (1) it is also being a qualifying company.
Thank u so much for your answer @CR001

Just to make sure I get it. If I have the requirements for the number 1 and my company its a “qualifying company”, Do I still need also the number 2 or 3?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:55 pm

You could have continued in your existing topic (now merged) instead of asking a related question again after info already provided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by jalison » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:55 pm
You could have continued in your existing topic (now merged) instead of asking a related question again after info already provided.
Ah Ok,

I didn't do that because for me its two different subjects/topic.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:11 pm

SOC 2136 on the SOL Appendix K and you have asked very similar and related questions = one topic
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:25 pm

Please note that to be a qualifying company , it's not merely enough to fulfil the criteria listed in that section. The company also has to contact the Home Office and get confirmation from them to be able to assign CoS for 2136 SOL

Disclaimer: This was the process when I joined my company more than a year ago so the gurus on the site may have more updated information