ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 to tier 2 discontinuing the course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nimisha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 4 to tier 2 discontinuing the course

Post by Nimisha » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi
Iam currently on tier 4. I wish to discontinue the current masters programme iam doing and switch to tier 2(completed nursing registration in UK). Hospitals are Willing to issue CoS . please help me with suggestions to apply for tier2 within UK.Do I need to inform the university and cancel my current tier 4sponsorship or can I apply directly. .
Any suggestions please

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 4 to tier 2 discontinuing the course

Post by SamTiger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:37 pm

Your status now? Applied for tier 2?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 to tier 2 discontinuing the course

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:27 am

Nimisha wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:30 pm
please help me with suggestions to apply for tier2 within UK.
You can apply in the UK if you have a UK degree that you obtained during your current period of Tier 4 leave, or one just before it. Otherwise you need to apply in your home country.

It is a very different matter for the sponsor if you are applying in your home country, so they need to know as soon as possible if that is what you need to do. They may be assuming you can apply in the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.