ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permit free training and ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

minny

Permit free training and ILR

Post by minny » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am

Hi All,

I have almost completed 5 years in the UK (2 years permit free training and almost 3 years on HSMP). Can I apply for ILR based on this? There is nothing mentioned on the bia website about this.

Thanks for the advise as always!

Minny

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:35 am

See also How can I settle in the United Kingdom as a highly skill migrant? Unfortunately, I don't think that you may include your 2 years permit free training as part of the 5 years HSMP settlement qualifying period.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

minny

Post by minny » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:59 am

thanks.

psychrai
Newly Registered

Post by psychrai » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:14 am

minny wrote:thanks.
Hello
Are there any exceptions to this hurdle? ie not adding PFT and HSMP for an ILR application.

I intend to move to Singapore for a couple of years which would mean resigning or taking a long sabbatical from my current job. However i do not want to lose the years in UK for a PR application. Is there any way around this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

psychrai
Newly Registered

Post by psychrai » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:15 am

vinny wrote:See also How can I settle in the United Kingdom as a highly skill migrant? Unfortunately, I don't think that you may include your 2 years permit free training as part of the 5 years HSMP settlement qualifying period.

Hello
Are there any exceptions to this hurdle? ie not adding PFT and HSMP for an ILR application.

I intend to move to Singapore for a couple of years which would mean resigning or taking a long sabbatical from my current job. However i do not want to lose the years in UK for a PR application. Is there any way around this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks