ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sk_7008
Newly Registered
India

maintainence letter for dependents

Post by Sk_7008 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:16 pm

I am applying for tier 2 visa along with dependents (spouse +kid).

I do have sufficient funds for at least the past 90 days for all three of us in my account.

While filling the application, they had asked for maintainence letter for my dependents too.

1/ would a copy of my letter along with covering letter be sufficient for my dependent as I am also applying with them?

Please advice?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: maintainence letter for dependents

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:19 pm

Sk_7008 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:16 pm

I do have sufficient funds for at least the past 90 days for all three of us in my account.

While filling the application, they had asked for maintainence letter for my dependents too.

1/ would a copy of my letter along with covering letter be sufficient for my dependent as I am also applying with them?

Will be sufficient. Maintenance letter from employer for your employer is not required if you have sufficient fund.

Please advice?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Sk_7008
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sk_7008 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:19 pm
Sk_7008 wrote:

Will be sufficient. Maintenance letter from employer for your employer is not required if you have sufficient fund.

Please advice?
Thanks @cyclina1,
I have got one original copy of my bank statement. However, each of my dependents application's checklist mentions that maintenance funds letter to be provided for each dependent. So my questions is
1/ should i attach one original for each dependent
2/ Can I just have a covering letter and attach a copy of my bank statement and mention in the covering letter that the original statement is enclosed with main applicant (as we all are applying at the same time)

Please help

Sk_7008
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sk_7008 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:09 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:19 pm
Sk_7008 wrote:

Please advice?
Thanks @cyclina1,

One more question. Part of our negotiation was that the company would pay for 3800 GBP in relocation costs along with 1 month of temporary accommodation. Initially, I wasnt sure about this whole maintenance thing and have that drafted in their regular format. So as such, we didn't tick that box while assigning or applying for visa application.
1/ if the format is updated accordingly can this letter be now submitted along with the application?
2/ I am applying with 2 dependents, do I need to have three original copies or can I submit pdf copies of the original? (My visa application is on Aug 3rd and i dont think I will have enough time if it is posted?

your response will be greatly appreciated.

Sk_7008
Newly Registered
India

Maintenance funds letter

Post by Sk_7008 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:24 pm

I am applying with 2 dependents, can I use a pdf/copy of the maintenance letter from employer for my dependents or does it have to be original?

Advice/suggestions greatly appreciated

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Maintenance funds letter

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:34 pm

it has to be original.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.