ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) extension app form questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kosymodo
United Kingdom

FLR(M) extension app form questions

Post by kosymodo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi folks

My wife obtained her first LTR in March 2016, and, as such, this expires on 29 Sept. We're therefore in the process of completing the app form so that she can apply for another 30 months LTR.

Having already completed a FLR(M) form 2.5 years ago, completing the same form this time round should be easier, but we still have some queries which you will hopefully be able to assist us with. Strangely, I can't find a copy of the previous form, so can't refer to our previous answers. (We've decided to complete the paper form, as the online form was asking some weird questions).

Hopefully we'll be going down the Premium Service Centre route, like we did last time, however getting an appointment is proving to be impossible at the moment. We'll keep plugging away though!

So, in terms of the app form, our queries are...

Q2.3 - is this an application for the first or second period of LTR following initial period of entry clearance? She initially came over on a fiancee visa, then got her 2.5 years LTR, now applying for a further 2.5 years

Q4.4g - I have a daughter from a previous marriage. She had a passport, but it expired. Do we include details of her most recent passport (i.e. the expired one) or just leave this blank?

Q6.33 - do we include joint bank account, joint water account etc. under this shared financial responsibilities question?

Q13B - similar to Q2.3, is she applying for a first extension of stay as a spouse?

Birth Certificate - do we have to include birth certificates for both of us? Mine is straight-forward, but hers is in Spanish, so would need a certified translation. Also, do we have to include my daughter's birth certificate? She doesn't live with us, she lives with her mother.

LTR Letter - do we include the letter which she was given at the previous Premium Service Centre appointment, stating that her LTR started on that date and expires on 29 Sept?

Think that's all for now...thanks in advance for any help you can offer us!

kosymodo
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) extension app form questions

Post by kosymodo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Anyone able to help?

kosymodo
United Kingdom

Post by kosymodo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 pm

We now have a PSC appointment booked for 15 Sept, which does mean that we can take any amount of paperwork without actually submitting it, if need be. However, it would be useful for anyone's views on the questions I've raised...please!

asif3
United Kingdom

Post by asif3 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:20 am

if the applicant is currently on the Further leave to remain visa, shouldn't the next application (after 5 years of stay) be the indefinite leave to remain?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm

kosymodo
United Kingdom

Post by kosymodo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:27 am

asif3 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:20 am
if the applicant is currently on the Further leave to remain visa, shouldn't the next application (after 5 years of stay) be the indefinite leave to remain?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm
Hi asif3, thanks for your reply. My wife is only now completing the first 2.5 years, so has another 2.5 years of FLR before the ILR.