ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test EXEMPTION

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MuriNath
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test EXEMPTION

Post by MuriNath » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am seeking for a help to apply for ILR for my mum. She has been diagnosed blood cancer recently, and obviously she won't be able to sit for the test neither Life in the UK Test or English test. But there is an option where she can get exemption for these tests if she is suffering from long term medical illness. She is suffering from Cancer which is not curable and she is on a treatment now. Can any one advise, would she able to get a exemption, can anyone send me any sample exemption letter from the Doctor so we can ask our GP to do one for us. or any use full information would be great.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Life in the UK test EXEMPTION

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:11 pm

the letter has to state cleraly that your mum is not suitable to sit the tests due to illness.

that's it.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

MuriNath
Newly Registered

Post by MuriNath » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:59 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:11 pm
the letter has to state cleraly that your mum is not suitable to sit the tests due to illness.

that's it.
Thanks for your reply.

Any one else has any experience applying this type of visa? please advise.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:13 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice