ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trying To Move With Wife To UK She's A Dual Citizen & I'm Disabled

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ImDaSwish
Newly Registered
United States of America

Trying To Move With Wife To UK She's A Dual Citizen & I'm Disabled

Post by ImDaSwish » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:01 am

I want to move with my wife to the UK but I'm disabled with Stage 4 Genetic Liver Disease and will eventually need a transplant. My wife is a dual US/UK citizen being born in Peterborough. I couldn't possibly work right now but I need to know what we would have to do before moving to the UK and if I'd be able to move back with her to the UK. She's spent most of her life in America but most of her family is back in the UK. The USA (with little surprise) cut my Social Security Supplemental Disability and Medicaid off so I absolutely have to move somewhere where I can get Healthcare and be seen by Doctors or else I will surely die and we barely scrape by as-is we can't afford to pay out-of-pocket for US Medical bills. Please help.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Trying To Move With Wife To UK She's A Dual Citizen & I'm Disabled

Post by physicskate » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:28 am

ImDaSwish wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:01 am
I want to move with my wife to the UK but I'm disabled with Stage 4 Genetic Liver Disease and will eventually need a transplant. My wife is a dual US/UK citizen being born in Peterborough. I couldn't possibly work right now but I need to know what we would have to do before moving to the UK and if I'd be able to move back with her to the UK. She's spent most of her life in America but most of her family is back in the UK. The USA (with little surprise) cut my Social Security Supplemental Disability and Medicaid off so I absolutely have to move somewhere where I can get Healthcare and be seen by Doctors or else I will surely die and we barely scrape by as-is we can't afford to pay out-of-pocket for US Medical bills. Please help.
Can your wife prove she earns above the equivalent of £18600 per annum? Or do you have significant savings?

Can you prove you have a place to stay in the UK?

Can you prove you're in an enduring relationship?

If you answer yes, you could probably meet the visa requirements. Check them out and come back with questions.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf

jane2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jane2018 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:06 pm

ImDaSwish wrote:
Good news is NHS (UK healthcare system) is free to residents (e.g. after your spousal visa granted). Good choice. But.
Bad news is that the UK spousal visa are very difficult and strict.(unlike the US ones). If you are in the US now, it is likely that the only way to comply with financial requirements is to save £62500 savings.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:38 pm

jane2018 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:06 pm
ImDaSwish wrote:
Good news is NHS (UK healthcare system) is free to residents (e.g. after your spousal visa granted). Good choice. But.
Bad news is that the UK spousal visa are very difficult and strict.(unlike the US ones). If you are in the US now, it is likely that the only way to comply with financial requirements is to save £62500 savings.
Unless the sponsor is able to show earnings in the USA the equivalent of £18,600 p.a in the 12 month period prior to submitting the Spouse visa application
AND
has a confirmed job offer to start within 3 months of arrival in the UK, again meeting the minimum income level of £18,600 p.a
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.