ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS withdrawal and new CoS assignment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anon8525
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

CoS withdrawal and new CoS assignment

Post by Anon8525 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:01 am

Hello,

A friend of mine received a unrestricted CoS from employer A, then she received another offer from employer B.She has asked employer A to withdraw the CoS so that she employer B can assign her a new CoS. Employer A has already informed 3 days ago that it has been withdrawn, however, employer B is unable to assign a new unrestricted CoS. Apparently employer B can assign a new CoS within minutes (not sure how, but I suppose they have some allocated CoSs).

1) I am wondering whether anyone knows if there's a time restriction between withdrawal of a CoS and the assignment of a new one. I would have thought it'd be instant since it's all electronic.
2) Also would it be possible for employer B to contact the Home Office to enquire why a new CoS cannot be assigned?

Thanks!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: CoS withdrawal and new CoS assignment

Post by UKLL » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:20 am

Anon8525 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:01 am
Hello,

A friend of mine received a unrestricted CoS from employer A, then she received another offer from employer B.She has asked employer A to withdraw the CoS so that she employer B can assign her a new CoS. Employer A has already informed 3 days ago that it has been withdrawn, however, employer B is unable to assign a new unrestricted CoS. Apparently employer B can assign a new CoS within minutes (not sure how, but I suppose they have some allocated CoSs).

1) I am wondering whether anyone knows if there's a time restriction between withdrawal of a CoS and the assignment of a new one. I would have thought it'd be instant since it's all electronic.
Yeah, it should be. Mine was instant.

2) Also would it be possible for employer B to contact the Home Office to enquire why a new CoS cannot be assigned?
Yes!

Thanks!