ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Query on Travel Date..

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krishna_nath
Newly Registered

Urgent Query on Travel Date..

Post by krishna_nath » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi ,

I was staying in the UK as Tier 2 ICT Dependant with BRP validity till 20-Mar-2019. Today my Tier 2 General visa granted with entry date as 05-Aug-2018. There was no cancelation or any kind of information which says my current ICT BRP is no longer valid. My query is - can I enter in the UK on 4th Aug 2018 using my current ICT BRP which is valid till 20-Mar-2019.
Note: Actually I had booked return flight ticket to travel back from India to the UK which arrives in the UK on 04-Aug-2018.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent Query on Travel Date..

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:42 pm

You need to enter on your Tier 2 General visa, the visa vignettet needs to be stamped on entry to 'activate' it and this needs to be presented to collected your BRP card.

Your dependent visa will have been cancelled automatically when the Tier 2 General was granted.

Suggest change your flight.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishna_nath
Newly Registered

Post by krishna_nath » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:53 pm

Thank you for your quick response and suggestion.

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:38 pm

Just a thought - how late is your flight...? If you arrive late in the evening, you might be able to wait until after midnight to pass passport control.