ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrep. Ext. - 10 Months waiting for a response

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m_g
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Entrep. Ext. - 10 Months waiting for a response

Post by m_g » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi guys,

Here is below my timeline for Tier 1 Ext. (200k) Entrepreneurial Team application:
Application sent to HO on 12 Oct. 17
Bio done on 19 Oct. 17
Complex Letter rcvd 31 Oct. 17
IHS partial refund rcvd 20 May 18
A lot of chasing emails & calls to the UKVI since last January with no response.

Is there any action that I can do to accelerate the HO response? It is nearly 10 months without a response and I have many family issues back in my home country.

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Entrep. Ext. - 10 Months waiting for a response

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:16 pm

there is no way where u can speed up the process calling UK VI will result in nothing as they will give u a generic reply second thing home office had a tracking system which was beta service that was good and removed apart from that there is no way to check whats happening with your application

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:27 pm

As advised numerous times before, wait to hear back. The waiting times could be quite long for some applicants
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

m_g
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by m_g » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Dear Zimba,
I had an advice to commence judicial review proceedings against the Home Office through our solicitor.
We already sent the HO a pre-action protocol letter last April 2018, and received a reply on 3-May stating that our file is under "active consideration". From such date,we never heard again from the HO.
Do you think such as action will push the HO to make a decision?
Await your comments.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:24 pm

I suggest to be patient and wait. Do not pay solicitors bunch of cash to file a PAP for you.
They have a financial incentive to pretend such an endeavour is worthwhile (sorry to say it is not)
Please read my views on this: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/case-again ... l#p1543051
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:11 pm

I have the application timeline same as yours and i have got IHS refund 10 days before urs

my timeline is i applied on 7th october still waiting

Suggestion be patient & wait for outcome ! Hope for the best !

Aabdulwaheed

Post by Aabdulwaheed » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:57 am

Instead of sending PAP or wasting money of solicitors you should asked or apply SAR (subject access request). It will tell you where you application is standing at the moments. sometime your application send to interview team and waiting in Que for an interview call.

imme-123
Pakistan

Post by imme-123 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:00 am

I am waiting for the last 17 months, applied in March 2017, partial refund in August 2017, Interviewed in November 2017 and nothing after that. Involved MP but they sent generic response to MP, FILED complaint online but generic response from them.

m_g
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by m_g » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:52 am

Aabdulwaheed wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:57 am
Instead of sending PAP or wasting money of solicitors you should asked or apply SAR (subject access request). It will tell you where you application is standing at the moments. sometime your application send to interview team and waiting in Que for an interview call.
Dear Aabdulwaheed,

Thank you for your reply above.
Can you tell me how I can apply for SAR as I am not aware of it.

m_g
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by m_g » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:59 am

umer.shahzad1 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:11 pm
I have the application timeline same as yours and i have got IHS refund 10 days before urs

my timeline is i applied on 7th october still waiting

Suggestion be patient & wait for outcome ! Hope for the best !
Thanks Umer for sharing your timeline. It is really frustrating to Keep waiting for indefinite period, specially I have a lot of issues back in my home country.
On the other side, it is also good to know that I am not the only one waiting that long.

m_g
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrep. Ext. - 11 Months waiting for a response

Post by m_g » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:42 am

My MP sent a chasing letter to the home office for my case last July. I just received back a reply from the HO, via the MP, saying the case is still pending. However, I noticed the following paragraph on the HO letter which states:

" In order to make a robust decision, the application is considered against the Immigration Rules, not only in terms of meeting set criteria, but also on a balance of probability to assess credibility."

Is it true that the HO is assessing credibility and it is not related to the set criteria only? Do they have the right to do so according to the applicable immigration laws/rules?

If they are talking about business credibility, I established the exact business stated in my business plan that I submitted during the initial visa application stage and they haven't commented it.

If they mean personal credibility, it is very easy to check it within the UK and it doesn't take 11 months to get an answer for. For overseas checking, they should have done it at the time of granting the initial visa (entry clearance) and not at extension or ILR stages.

Appreciate your comments/feedback as I am actually more confused now than before.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:49 am

m_g wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:42 am
My MP sent a chasing letter to the home office for my case last July. I just received back a reply from the HO, via the MP, saying the case is still pending. However, I noticed the following paragraph on the HO letter which states:

" In order to make a robust decision, the application is considered against the Immigration Rules, not only in terms of meeting set criteria, but also on a balance of probability to assess credibility."

Is it true that the HO is assessing credibility and it is not related to the set criteria only? Do they have the right to do so according to the applicable immigration laws/rules?

If they are talking about business credibility, I established the exact business stated in my business plan that I submitted during the initial visa application stage and they haven't commented it.

If they mean personal credibility, it is very easy to check it within the UK and it doesn't take 11 months to get an answer for. For overseas checking, they should have done it at the time of granting the initial visa (entry clearance) and not at extension or ILR stages.

Appreciate your comments/feedback as I am actually more confused now than before.

they might call u for interview if you have not been interviewed yet... i applied in oct 2017 as well ihs refund on 12 January and was interviewed after tht ,.. i know loads of October applicant still waiting.. good luck ...

amu123456789
India

Post by amu123456789 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:58 am

Dont worry i have reveived exact same lines wen i complained them about waiting timeline .
Its same generic letter but different set of words.
All we have to do is wait .

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:52 pm

m_g wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:42 am

This is a standard clause. The immigration rules gives HO a lot of leeway on credibility (unfortunately). It is credibility of the all the evidence submitted.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.