ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA with less than 1yr PC Naturalising with EEA partner

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

osoronga
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Non EEA with less than 1yr PC Naturalising with EEA partner

Post by osoronga » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:27 pm

My EEA wife has DCPR and qualified for naturalisation since November 2016.

I am her non-EEA husband with permanent residence card starting on July 2018.

My wife wants to apply for naturalisation now and there is not doubt she will be given since she meets all the criteria.

Can I join my online application with her's even though I have not held my PR card for 1yr? The thinking there is since she is the main applicant, her application will be evaluated before mine. If she is successful and she becomes a BC, when they evaluate my application, they could tell my wife is already BC then I do not need to wait for 1 year before applying.

Does this kind of strategy sit well with the HO ?

secret.simon

Re: Non EEA with less than 1yr PC Naturalising with EEA partner

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:12 pm

osoronga wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:27 pm
Does this kind of strategy sit well with the HO ?
No, because you need to meet the requirements on the date of the application.

For your naturalisation application to succeed, your EEA citizen spouse needs to be a British citizen (i.e. she should not only be approved, but also have taken the citizenship oath/affirmation at the citizenship ceremony) on or before the date of your application.

The earliest that you can apply is on the date of your EEA citizen spouse's citizenship ceremony, after she has been given her certificate of naturalisation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.