ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK tier 2 general postal services

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sivaprasadnasika
Newly Registered
India

UK tier 2 general postal services

Post by Sivaprasadnasika » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Timeline for UK tier 2 general postal services

Please find following details for my scenario:
1. Type of application: Switching
2. If switching, category changing (switching) from - Tier 2 general change of employer
3. Number of dependants applying at same time: 1
4. Date application posted: 12/07/18
5. Date application received at UKBA: 13/07/18
6. Biometric letter received: 12/07/18
7. Date of biometrics enrolment: 14/07/18
8. Service - Tier 2 general change of employment priority postal service
9. applying from within UK.

However event after 15 days(02/08/18) I did not get- passport and other documents back,
whether timeline for Tier 2 general priority postal service is not guaranteed to be 10 days, it appears so as in my case its already 15 days passed ? what is maximum time it can take ? Please note even after 15 working days we haven't received any documents back ? Should we follow up with UKVI and whether follow up helps to speed up process ? Is this much delay usual or it may be due to summer holiday(just thought) ?

Have anyone faced this much delay ? any thoughts what factors adds to the delay ? these delays can be concerning or is it just a case that larger volumes of application causing it ? When application gets delayed for longer say 4-5 weeks even then should delay impact a decision ? What is maximum timeline UKVI has to process priority postal application ? Did anyone faced this much of delay or more ?

whether applying with dependent from within an UK requires more time ? What option I have to request a priority for a decision ?

dsouzadlondon
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK tier 2 general postal services

Post by dsouzadlondon » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:46 pm

Did you get notified by UKVI after 10 days that your application will take longer to process?

farazk86
Pakistan

Re: UK tier 2 general postal services

Post by farazk86 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:37 pm

You should have been emailed from UKVI explaining the reason for delay. If even after 15 working days there has been no contact then you should email Prioritypostalrequests[AT]homeoffice.gov.uk with your details and you priority reference number and ask for an update regarding the status of your application.

I emailed them and they were helpful with their replies.

All the best