ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with an Expired TB Certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Haze77

Travelling with an Expired TB Certificate

Post by Haze77 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:00 pm

Hi,

We have got the spouse visa but the TB certifictae expired in May 2018.

My question is that do we need to get a new certificate when travelling to the UK or will the old TB certifictae be ok?

Many Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling with an Expired TB Certificate

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:28 am

Its an interesting question. TB test got very short expiry date (6 months) which in many times lapse during the application processing. So enforcing it to be unexpired while entering uk will be insanity due to its being valid at application date and it should be arguable.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Haze77

Post by Haze77 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi,

Sorry I don't understand.

Can the person travel on the TB certificate which expired in May 2018 or do they need to have a new TB test?

Many Thanks in advance.

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:26 pm

new tb test certificate is required for travelling.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:31 pm

Miyash wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:26 pm
new tb test certificate is required for travelling.
No it is NOT.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Haze77 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:40 pm
Hi,

Sorry I don't understand.

Can the person travel on the TB certificate which expired in May 2018 or do they need to have a new TB test?

Many Thanks in advance.
You can travel with the test. If they feel on arrival that they want to check, most big UK airports have xray machines to check for TB.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Danra
Ireland

Post by Danra » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:38 pm

You could travel with expired one. When you arrive at the immigration desk. May be they won't even ask you to produce the certificate. If they even do, you could provide them the expire one so its up to them to conduct a test at the airport.
Travel with confidence they are not gonna kick you out JUST because you have expired certificate. Its not your fault they took that long to grant you visa. No one goes and get a new TB test after the grant of visa. The fact that TB test only has 6 month. So majority of applicants would have to do it again but they don't.
I am not even sure if would EVEN ask you to produce this test at the immigration desk.