ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residence for EEA Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dannrw
Newly Registered
Germany

Proof of residence for EEA Naturalisation

Post by dannrw » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:06 pm

Seems like people here are getting good advice so I hope someone can help with my query. Spoke to the home office already so many times as well as citizen advisory bureau but everyone is contradicting themselves or just referring to what is written on the gov.uk websites and any questions beyond that noone seems to have a clue. very frustrating.

Anyhow:

To my background to better understand my situation. Came here in 2009 for a PhD, graduated in late 2013 and since then was applying for jobs until summer 2016. Fully employed since then. Did not take any Job Seeker benefits, all my job search was conducted by myself. I am a EEA citizen (Germany), have the permanent residence card (permanent citizen status since 2014) and trying now to apply for naturalisation and passport.

My issue is with the required documents section for naturalisation:

"3) Proof of living in the UK for (Name of Applicant)

If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments, or other Government Departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period.

If you are an Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the past 5 years (3 years if you're married to, or the partner of, a British citizen).

If you don't have your passport, or it wasn't stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you've been living in the UK."

I have a problem with bank statement, utility bills not accepted (which were fine for the permanent residence status though). As mentioned above I have only been employed properly over the past 2 years and do not have any "governmental" documents to proove the 3 years before. No landlord docs as I was living for free at my girlfriends place who is british. I also never used the NHS or doctors here in that 3yr period since I was fully health insured in Germany and preferred to use the German health system, hence I am struggling to provide any "accepted" proof for the 3yrs before my current job started

Is there any advise on what I can do to prove residence for these 3 yrs before I started my current job that would be accepted by the Home office?

Many thanks,
Dan

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Proof of residence for EEA Naturalisation

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:49 pm

In this case, you can try to use bank statement showing your transaction these three years. highlight all transaction you have made in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.