ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reconsideration of Naturalisation Application - HELP!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smsnc
Newly Registered
South Africa

Reconsideration of Naturalisation Application - HELP!!

Post by smsnc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi Everyone,

My naturalization application was refused in 2016 and I was wondering if there is a time limit before for reconsideration.

Also, application was refused due to lack of response to correspondence that HO sent to me. A letter was apparently sent to me asking me to sit a Life in the UK test before they could proceed to a final decision. I did not receive this letter, Would that be a valid claim for reconsideration instead of starting a new application?

Ffmuni
Germany

Re: Reconsideration of Naturalisation Application - HELP!!

Post by Ffmuni » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:05 am

Hi,
I also had an application rejected in Mar 2016.

I intially acepted the reason for rejection, but this year found out definitively that the HO were wrong. Two immigration advisors both then advised me that I had left it too long and could not ask for a review.

I have therefore, reluctently made a fresh application. I do not know if my advisors were right or wrong but if they are right it would appear that you have waited to long.

vinny

Re: Reconsideration of Naturalisation Application - HELP!!

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:44 pm

I don't think that there is a time limit for a review request.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.