ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Requirements Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chrees
Newly Registered

Residence Requirements Questions

Post by chrees » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi,

Apologies for starting a new thread but I have not got any response to the previous one. Maybe the post was just too long.

I am an EEA national who would like to apply for BC next year. I got my PR as of Jul 2009 but the card was issued in Jul 2018 only. Let me just have a few questions:

1. The first day of the 5 year period falls during my 2 day visit to London (then followed by 400-ish day absence). Would a hotel invoice and a copy of the flight tickets suffice to prove that I was in the UK on those days?

2. I have long been employed but am currently self-sufficient. What is the best way to prove my residence in during this period? Would bank statements + confirmation of sufficient funds be enough? Or would I need council tax statements / utility bills or any other?

Thank you for your help in advance,

chrees

chrees
Newly Registered

Re: Residence Requirements Questions

Post by chrees » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi, I would really appreciate your help with my questions. I am sure someone must have gone through these topics on this forum given the wealth of experience here.

Thank you very much in advance,

chrees