ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 DEPENDENT - CHILD VISA FEES

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sahil29
Newly Registered

TIER 2 DEPENDENT - CHILD VISA FEES

Post by sahil29 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi Experts

Please, can I have your valuable comments and sparing time in this matter.

I am on Tier 2 (General) Visa - over 3 years, which expires in May 2019, so only 10 months left. I am applying for a visa for my 2-month-old daughter as we plan to travel in September 2018.

My question is, if I choose the length of COS (main applicant) as over 3 years, then I have £1402 visa fee, while it will be valid only for 10 months and if I choose less than 3 years, the fee is £ 701.

Please indicate which is the correct answer to this question in my case.

What is the length of the certificate of sponsorship (main applicant) - is it the total length or the remaining length of CoS?

A quick response is much appreciated.

Thanks

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Re: TIER 2 DEPENDENT - CHILD VISA FEES

Post by Shah1698 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi mate,

I am in same position like yours. I am sorry I don't have an answer for this. But please let me know if you find an answer, I will let you know If I do.

Thanks
Shah

parmrandhawa
Newly Registered
India

Post by parmrandhawa » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:44 am

Hi Shah / Sahil,

I am very confused with this question, I am applying for my son's visa.
My CoS was valid for 5 years (till 2021) and at this moment the time remaining is less than 3 years.

Now based on this if I answer more than 3 years it gives me a fee of 928GBP vs if less than 3 is selected the fee drops down to it goes down to 464.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards.

ZGill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ZGill » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:16 pm

Hello,
Would you be able to confirm how much fee did you end up paying as I am now in the same situation with 7 month left on tier 2 - 5 years visa and my child need to travel before I apply for ILR in August.
Thanks

sahil29
Newly Registered

Post by sahil29 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:50 am

Hi
Sorry for the late response that was looking for this question. I applied for the category in less than 3 years and the application was successfully approved . I hope it helps others in the future.
Thank You

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Are you sure about this. The dependent's leave is given in line with the main applicant's leave which would mean you pay in accordance with your own category less than 3 or over 3. I know this could save you money if less than 3 years are left on main applicant's visa but is this in line with the rules.