ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent to Indefinite Leave to remain

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sakthimurugan85
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 dependent to Indefinite Leave to remain

Post by sakthimurugan85 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi,

Good morning all
I am on a Tier 2 (General) company sponsored visa and am qualifying for ILR in December, 2018. My wife got her Tier 2 (Dependent) visa in June 2014 so she will qualify for ILR in June 2019. We both are living in UK from June 2014 and our current Tier 2 visa expires on January, 2020. I need some clarification for the below questions before I file this ILR application in December.

The questions are:
1. If I apply for ILR in December 2018, should I re-apply or file another dependent visa application for my wife again?
2. If the answer is no for the above question, then what are the consequences will be there when she apply for her ILR in June 2019 considering she is been in stateless for six months from December 2018 to June 2019? and in the meantime can she travel outside UK using her Tier 2 (Dependent) visa during this period December 2018 to June 2019?
3. If I have to file dependent visa application for her too in December 2018, then how much NHS surcharge I will be paying for her dependent application to be on dependent visa for just another 6 months and file ILR application in June 2019?
4. As soon as I got my ILR in December 2018, if I inform my current company about my new visa status, will they cancel my wife's Tier 2 (dependent) visa too?

Thanks in advance,
Sakthi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent to Indefinite Leave to remain

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:36 pm

1. No, she can stay in her current visa.

2. No Consequences. She is free to travel as long as her visa is valid.

3. No need to apply for any visa for dependent.

4. No. She is dependent on You not your sponsor.

What date was your visa issued in 2014?? How do you qualify for ILR in December if you have only been in the UK since June 2014?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sakthimurugan85
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 dependent to Indefinite Leave to remain

Post by sakthimurugan85 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:15 am

Hi CR001,

Thank you so much for your reply.
My Tier 2 (General) was issued on January 13, 2014.
Is we consider the 28 days prior then I will qualify for ILR on December 15, 2019.

Sorry forgot to mention that we got married in June 2014 and my wife got her dependent visa in end of June.

Thanks,
Sakthi