ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa to ILR Bogus awarding body

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stress man
Newly Registered

Student Visa to ILR Bogus awarding body

Post by stress man » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:59 am

Hi,

I am in UK since 10th sept 1998 on a student visa. I'm planning to apply for ILR in sept 08. on the basis of 10 yrs long residency. I have done degree, masters and then I enrolled on PhD. my last extension was done through PhD course . I have visa till nov 08.

Now the problem starts here. when I received my last visa in january 08 after 2 days I found that My awarding body is Bogus. now I have changed the course last week to a professional IT course in a different college.

should I inform the Home office?
if so should I explain the reason being dodgy Awarding body?
is that gonna affect my student visa?
will it affect my ILR ?
is my course valid as I was a PhD business student, now course changed to CCNA and MCSE certification 1 year course?
Shall i get a course termination letter from previous college to send to HO?
PhD course incomplete after 1 year 4 months. is that a problem? but I have my reason as for the dodgy awarding body which I was not aware of and came to know after it was on BBC neaws.

Please Please Please....... help me out. need all your valuable advice. thanx.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:03 am

Stress man, When did you started your studies at the dodgy institution?

should I inform the Home office? [your visa is for a particular course at a particular institution, you can not change institutions or courses at will without seeking authorization first]

if so should I explain the reason being dodgy Awarding body? [!]

is that gonna affect my student visa? [ depends on the case worker, it may have an effect]

will it affect my ILR ? [depends on the case worker, it may have an effect]

is my course valid as I was a PhD business student, now course changed to CCNA and MCSE certification 1 year course? [may not be, ccna and mcse are not higher education]

Shall i get a course termination letter from previous college to send to HO? [that would prove dates]

PhD course incomplete after 1 year 4 months. is that a problem? but I have my reason as for the dodgy awarding body which I was not aware of and came to know after it was on BBC neaws. [.....]
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:25 pm

should I inform the Home office? [your visa is for a particular course at a particular institution, you can not change institutions or courses at will without seeking authorization first]
This is not true. Please research and make sure you know the rules before you advice Try-one !

You can change courses, no problem and not even notify the HO, but it is encouraged. Again, depends on the caseworker with regards to your other questions.

stress man
Newly Registered

Post by stress man » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:42 pm

I have started my course in sept 2006 on PhD. now in Jan 08 I found out about the dogy awarding body. in april I change the course to CCNA, MCSE cerification. I have my visa till nov 08. I'll complete my 10 yrs in SEPT 08. now the PhD is not complete as for the dodgy awarding body. what should I say to HO when I go for ILR. what shoul i inform to HO at this point . please help.

stress man

stress man
Newly Registered

Post by stress man » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:28 pm

please please please ........ post me your valuable advice.. need help
help help help

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:40 am

Iceman,
In this particular case, you can not change from a PhD to an basic IT course at will.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: Student Visa to ILR Bogus awarding body

Post by thirdwave » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:44 am

stress man wrote:Hi,

I am in UK since 10th sept 1998 on a student visa. I'm planning to apply for ILR in sept 08. on the basis of 10 yrs long residency. I have done degree, masters and then I enrolled on PhD. my last extension was done through PhD course . I have visa till nov 08.

Now the problem starts here. when I received my last visa in january 08 after 2 days I found that My awarding body is Bogus. now I have changed the course last week to a professional IT course in a different college.

should I inform the Home office?
if so should I explain the reason being dodgy Awarding body?
is that gonna affect my student visa?
will it affect my ILR ?
is my course valid as I was a PhD business student, now course changed to CCNA and MCSE certification 1 year course?
Shall i get a course termination letter from previous college to send to HO?
PhD course incomplete after 1 year 4 months. is that a problem? but I have my reason as for the dodgy awarding body which I was not aware of and came to know after it was on BBC neaws.

Please Please Please....... help me out. need all your valuable advice. thanx.
How about getting a job on a work permit/HSMP with all those qualifications you've got?

stress man
Newly Registered

Post by stress man » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:00 pm

I can not fulfill all the rtequirement of HSMP, as I am here for almost 10 yrs. I have no Earning as needed to qualify for HSMP. I spoke to my college they said its fine, but I'm still confused.

stress man
Newly Registered

Post by stress man » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:41 pm

Can i change my course to postgraduate diploma from PhD. will it be better option than changing to CCNA, MCSE certification course, which is a professional course. plaese advice. thanx.