ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 returning after 12 month overseas placement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jagthecag
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Tier 2 returning after 12 month overseas placement

Post by jagthecag » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Hello,

I am a malaysian with a tier 2 visa. I have a national training number as a doctor in training for 5 years in the UK. As part of my training I have been offered a 1 year fellowship in Australia. This is part of the normal process in training where doctors can go overseas for further training and then return to their job after that. So as far as my employer hospital trust is concern I can go away and 1 year later, my job is available for me.

The question is what will UKVI say? If its more than a year, then I will need to apply for a new Tier 2 visa (I am NOT concerned about my ILR time as I have no intention to settle in the UK). But as a non EU citizen, I will need to fulfil RLMT when I return after the one year. But as far as my employer is concerned I don't need to sit for an interview because they have kept my job for me. Of course, to make things worse, by the time I come back to the UK, they would have left the EU so RLMT may no longer be required! I really dont know how this works