ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zerogravity
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Supporting documents?

Post by zerogravity » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:00 pm

I've just gone through the website, and as far as I can see, these are the supporting documents that must be brought to the visa appointment:
  • Appointment confirmation
  • Application itself (the GWF one)
  • CAS
  • TB test if applicable
Is that all that is needed or am I missing out on something?

Also, if I'm applying for a postgraduate course, do I need to include my previous certificates and transcripts, and do they have to be the original copies or will photocopies be okay? My previous degrees were in the UK.

wikki
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Supporting documents?

Post by wikki » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:36 pm

zerogravity wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:00 pm
I've just gone through the website, and as far as I can see, these are the supporting documents that must be brought to the visa appointment:
  • Appointment confirmation
  • Application itself (the GWF one)
  • CAS
  • TB test if applicable
Is that all that is needed or am I missing out on something?

Also, if I'm applying for a postgraduate course, do I need to include my previous certificates and transcripts, and do they have to be the original copies or will photocopies be okay? My previous degrees were in the UK.
NB: ALL documents that you submit during your application must be original documents, even if they are additional documents that you have personally chosen to add to the application to clarify certain things.

You have to bring along;
1. ALL the documents stated on your CAS (originals only)
2. Financial evidence (if it applies to your nationality). It should fulfill the 28 days rule
3. TB test (if it applies to your national/country of residence)
4. Print out of the document checklist

You do not need to bring a print out of the GWF form or appointment confirmation. They already have those details.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Supporting documents?

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:40 pm

The CAS is a virtual document held on their system. There is no "original" to bring.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.