ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is FLR(M) counted when I apply 10 Years ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

downle
Newly Registered

Is FLR(M) counted when I apply 10 Years ILR?

Post by downle » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:21 pm

I am submitting ILR on the basis of Long Residency (10 Years route) in a month. My wife will switch to FLR(M) soon after.

She is in her 10 years route, she had or will have

5-year Tier 4 student visa 2010-2015
3-year Tier 2 dependant visa (up to now) 2015-2018
2-year FLR(M) (to go) 2018-2020

Will she still be able to apply her ILR on the basis of Long Residency (10 Years route) in the year 2020?

I have read previous posts that switching from PBS dependent (tier 2, 5 year route) visa to FLR(M) resets the time to qualify for ILR based on partner of Settled person.

MY QUESTION IS does switching to FLR(M) resets the time to qualify for ILR based on her 10-year route??

Thanks for your help!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Is FLR(M) counted when I apply 10 Years ILR?

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:40 pm

downle wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:21 pm
I am submitting ILR on the basis of Long Residency (10 Years route) in a month. My wife will switch to FLR(M) soon after.

She is in her 10 years route, she had or will have

5-year Tier 4 student visa 2010-2015
3-year Tier 2 dependant visa (up to now) 2015-2018
2-year FLR(M) (to go) 2018-2020

Will she still be able to apply her ILR on the basis of Long Residency (10 Years route) in the year 2020?

I have read previous posts that switching from PBS dependent (tier 2, 5 year route) visa to FLR(M) resets the time to qualify for ILR based on partner of Settled person.

MY QUESTION IS does switching to FLR(M) resets the time to qualify for ILR based on her 10-year route??

Thanks for your help!
All legal residence can be combined to qualify for ILR under the 10 year route.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.