ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Ancestry to ILR - birth certificates needed?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cinderz
Newly Registered
New Zealand

UK Ancestry to ILR - birth certificates needed?

Post by cinderz » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Hello,

I’ve applied online and sent off my supporting documents - they said nothing about birth certificates. I don’t have my birth certificate with me in the UK - certainly not my fathers (born in NZ) and my grandmothers (who was born in the UK). Are they going to ask for them?

Surely they already have copies from when they accepted my UK Ancestry 5 years ago!?
It will take weeks to get them sent over from NZ and then again send them to the Home Office, and I’m trying to get this all done in the next two weeks.

Thanks

very challanged
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: UK Ancestry to ILR - birth certificates needed?

Post by very challanged » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Hello,

I have the same issue and am currently going through the application. I agree, these were already provided for ancestry application so why would they be required again?!

If it helps I went to the GOV website and had no issue ordering a copy of my Grandfathers birth certificate. I just needed his location of birth and middle names: https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-dea ... ertificate.

The birth certificate arrived within one week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Recent ILR from ancestry members have posted that birth/marriage certs are no longer needed for Set(O) applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ShannonHill23
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by ShannonHill23 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Afternoon Cinderz,

I'm about to apply for ILR via Ancestry Visa as well, but don't have the Birth Certificates with me (they were all given back to my Mother-In-Law for her other son to apply).

Have you heard anything back? Are the Birth Certificates still needed?

I agree with the above; since all the information was provided when applying for Ancestral, surely you don't need to submit all the certificates again?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Shannon x