ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 to Tier 2 switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Urwaha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 4 to Tier 2 switch

Post by Urwaha » Thu May 31, 2018 6:28 pm

I am currently doing Masters, my visa expires in October 2018. Can I switch from tier 4 to tier 2 without completing my masters degree? Is it possible? Without going back to India? Or I have to extend my tier 4 visa until I finish my course? (As I have resits)

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 to Tier 2 switch

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:04 am

Urwaha wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:28 pm
Can I switch from tier 4 to tier 2 without completing my masters degree? Is it possible? Without going back to India?
No, unless you happen to already have a UK degree that you completed before your Masters. A Tier 2 sponsor needs to see evidence of completing a UK degree before they will issue a CoS for a switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Urwaha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Urwaha » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:53 pm

Thanks for clearing up.

Urwaha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Urwaha » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Can I switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 after getting postgraduate certificate?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:19 am

Urwaha wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:26 pm
Can I switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 after getting postgraduate certificate?
sah10406 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:04 am
No, unless you happen to already have a UK degree that you completed before your Masters. A Tier 2 sponsor needs to see evidence of completing a UK degree before they will issue a CoS for a switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Urwaha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 4 to Tier 2 switch

Post by Urwaha » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:38 pm

I am currently on student visa. I want to switch from tier 4 to tier 2. I will get postgraduate certificate from my university. I don’t want to switch on the basis of my university qualification. I I want to get sponsorship from care home. Is it mandatory that I should have worked previously for 6 months or 1 year with the one who is sponsoring me? Or I can apply directly to new person who can sponsor me for whom I have never worked before?
Please reply.
Thanks
Urwaha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:42 pm

What is the SOC for the job that you will be doing in the care home??

My understanding is you can only switch in country based on your Tier 4 course and results.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa
Eligibility
You must already be in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:

Tier 1 visa
Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa
Tier 2 (Minister of religion) visa
Tier 2 (Intra company Transfer) visa under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010 and you’re applying to change sponsor
Tier 4 visa - if you have an eligible qualification or you’ve done at least 12 months of a PhD
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

swagh1611
Newly Registered
India

Post by swagh1611 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi!

Since Jan 2018, there has been a change in the rule. Now you don't have to wait for the results of your master program to apply for tier 2 visa. Of course you have to show a letter from the university that you have taken all the courses and have completed the master program and has to mention the date when the graduation will commence.

So you can switch to Tier 2 visa if an only if you have completed the master's program and taken all the courses and this should be shown as evidence in the form of a letter from the university.

Link - third party weblink removed by moderator

But you can only switch for your current tier 4 visa and the for the course it was allocated to.

swagh1611
Newly Registered
India

Post by swagh1611 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:15 pm

swagh1611 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:54 pm
Hi!

Since Jan 2018, there has been a change in the rule. Now you don't have to wait for the results of your master program to apply for tier 2 visa. Of course you have to show a letter from the university that you have taken all the courses and have completed the master program and has to mention the date when the graduation will commence.

So you can switch to Tier 2 visa if an only if you have completed the master's program and taken all the courses and this should be shown as evidence in the form of a letter from the university.

Link - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... evised.pdf
Read from page 7 to 8
But you can only switch for your current tier 4 visa and the for the course it was allocated to.

Urwaha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Urwaha » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Thank you all for clearing up.

Urwaha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Urwaha » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:11 am

I am Masters in Public Health student. I have faied some modules and now cannot get a full degree and can just get PG certificate for 60 credit points. Please guide me if anyone knows any options for me to go the Tier 2 route. Can I apply within the UK for another course based on pg certificate? Or do i have to go back to my country and apply again for a degree course?
Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:22 am

Urwaha wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:11 am
Please guide me if anyone knows any options for me to go the Tier 2 route.
Only by applying for entry clearance outside the UK. See answers to your previous questions above for why you cannot apply in the UK.
Urwaha wrote:
Can I apply within the UK for another course based on pg certificate? Or do i have to go back to my country and apply again for a degree course?
If a university is happy to sponsor you for a course at a higher level, and you meet the other criteria for applying in the UK, yes. See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3000

asraj1233
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by asraj1233 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Urwaha wrote:
I am Masters in Public Health student. I have faied some modules and now cannot get a full degree and can just get PG certificate for 60 credit points. Please guide me if anyone knows any options for me to go the Tier 2 route. Can I apply within the UK for another course based on pg certificate? Or do i have to go back to my country and apply again for a degree course?
Thanks in advance
Could you please tell me that you got admission in new course from inside uk or not ?
i may have the same situation if i fail some modules. please guide how to make new tier4 application inside uk. Or is it possible to apply tier2 from inside uk. do you have any new information ?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:49 pm

asraj1233 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:29 pm
Could you please tell me that you got admission in new course from inside uk or not ?
i may have the same situation if i fail some modules. please guide how to make new tier4 application inside uk.
You cannot apply in the UK for a new Tier 4 visa for a new course if you have not successfully completed your previous course. This is because of the requirement of paragraph 120A of Appendix A of the immigration rules:

120A (a) If the applicant has previously been granted leave as a Tier 4 (General) Student ... and is applying for leave to remain, points will only be awarded for a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies ... if the sponsor has confirmed that the course for which the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies has been assigned represents academic progress
(b) For a course to represent academic progress from previous study the applicant must:
i. have successfully completed the course for which the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies relating to the study undertaken during the last period of leave as a Tier 4 (General) Student ... was assigned...

See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... attributes
Or is it possible to apply tier2 from inside uk. do you have any new information ?
See my previous replies to OP. Nothing has changed in that regard since then.

asraj1233
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by asraj1233 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:52 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:49 pm
asraj1233 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:29 pm
i may have the same situation if i fail some modules. please guide how to make new tier4 application inside uk.
You cannot apply in the UK for a new Tier 4 visa for a new course if you have not successfully completed your previous course. This is because of the requirement of paragraph 120A of Appendix A of the immigration rules:

120A (a) If the applicant has previously been granted leave as a Tier 4 (General) Student ... and is applying for leave to remain, points will only be awarded for a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies ... if the sponsor has confirmed that the course for which the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies has been assigned represents academic progress
(b) For a course to represent academic progress from previous study the applicant must:
i. have successfully completed the course for which the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies relating to the study undertaken during the last period of leave as a Tier 4 (General) Student ... was assigned...

See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... attributes
Or is it possible to apply tier2 from inside uk. do you have any new information ?
See my previous replies to OP. Nothing has changed in that regard since then.
My another question is that if i already have tier4 visa and i go back to my home country and then apply for tier 2 visa from my home country. if in worst case my tier2 visa rejects then can i come back UK with my existing tier 4 visa ?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:19 am

asraj1233 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:52 pm
if i already have tier4 visa and i go back to my home country and then apply for tier 2 visa from my home country. if in worst case my tier2 visa rejects then can i come back UK with my existing tier 4 visa ?
No, unless you are still studying the course it was issued for, which seems not so.

asraj1233
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by asraj1233 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:00 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:19 am
asraj1233 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:52 pm
if i already have tier4 visa and i go back to my home country and then apply for tier 2 visa from my home country. if in worst case my tier2 visa rejects then can i come back UK with my existing tier 4 visa ?
No, unless you are still studying the course it was issued for, which seems not so.
what if i have to sit in exams and submit dissertation but before that i go back , apply for tier2 visa. if it got rejected then am i able to come back in this situation ?