ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Access UK Doesn't Work - IHS Surcharge Refund

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

USAStudent
Newly Registered
United States of America

Access UK Doesn't Work - IHS Surcharge Refund

Post by USAStudent » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Studying in England starting mid-September. I am 18 and applied for Tier 4 general student visa yesterday using Access UK (immediately after receiving CAS number). I went through, including paying the IHS surcharge, to the point where one schedules the biometric appointment.

But Access UK will not allow me to schedule an appointment-- no matter what location, date/time, premium or standard service. Whatever choice I make, I receive the error message: "Review your answers: the appointment you have chosen is no longer available. Please choose another time." This non-functionality has continued for the last 18 hours.

I do not have time to waste and I am not going to pay 1.37 GBP per minute to the UK government because they cannot get their own visa application software to work properly.

So I restarted my application from scratch on Visa4UK. Worked like a charm. Now I am at the point where I pay the IHS surcharge-- for the second time because I also paid it on Access UK.

So I am hoping the refund process for the first IHS surcharge payment does not take too long. Anyone ever have to pay twice and then get refunded one of their surcharge payments?

Oh, and Access UK is very poor quality software. Unfortunate but true.

USAStudent
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Access UK Doesn't Work - IHS Surcharge Refund

Post by USAStudent » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:25 pm

PS: As far as the Access UK non-functionality is concerned, I attempted to schedule the biometric appointment both from a Microsoft based laptop and an Apple laptop with identical results. So it was not a "cookies" or other other issue on my end.

wikki
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Access UK Doesn't Work - IHS Surcharge Refund

Post by wikki » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:03 pm

yup. Lots of people have encountered the same issue...so not surprised. As for the refund it is about 2 weeks.