ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with refused dl

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kidsmylife
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Help with refused dl

Post by Kidsmylife » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:45 am

Hello everyone
We are in a bit of a pickle and would live some help. My husband and I came to the UK in May 2010 on tier 4 student visa and dependent. We left our 3 year old back home. We are srilankan. We extended our visas twice since and completed up to a masters. I had two more sons born here in Sep 2010 and 2011. I brought my daughter to the UK in 2014 as dependent after 3 failed visitor visa attempts. My you get son was diagnosed with severe low functioning autism and host of other neural disabilities that same year. I used my visit to srilanka to bring my daughter to search for care and found it was woefully lacking. I also have a disable sister and have experienced first hand the treatment of such kids in srilanka.

My eldest is from a previous marriage and as I divorced him and won custody over child, my ex poses a security threat for us too. My society does not take kindly to women divorcing and I am already discriminated and shunned just as my sister is. My mom whom I left my daughter with lived in constant fear until I was able to bring her here.

All in all I decided we should ask for assistance from the UK. We had visas til Aug 2015 and a week before it ran out, we applied for discretionary leave based on my sons disability mainly and then all the rest of the issues. We used a fee waiver application which was granted. We were nearing destitution having fallen foul of fraudulent landlord who ripped us off nearly £3000 pounds. It was refused in Dec 2016 and we appealed to the FTT

Meanwhile I had a double pregnancy and 2 births one in Jan 2017 and Nov 2017. By Nov 2017 we were destitute with increasing costs of looking after a disabled child and 4 others. We had been selling lands back home to fund our stay here and so we have nothing to return to. No family either save our mother and sister. Since our application had article 3 included we applied for section 95 support. We were granted this in mar 2018 same month as our hearing.

After the hearing the appeal was dismissed and we applied for permission to appeal to UT. This has come back as dismissed too and I have 5 days in which to apply to UT.

At this point in time, my elder and younger sons are 7 yrs 11mnths and 7 yrs 1mnth respectively. The you get of which is disabled. My youngest are 1 yr 7mnths and 8 months. They have not been registered in srilanka at all. Eldest has spent 4 yrs here. We clock 10yrs in May 2020.

I have told home office all that there is to say and do not know what to do if they dismiss the application to the UT as well. My disabled son is deep in care here and all my other children have never been back home except the eldest who is fully integrated here as well. I have gone 2 srilanka 2wice in 8yrs both times to bring my daughter and my husband never has. We have nothing left in lanka and we have built our lives around our kids here.

Please advice what categories we can apply if this UT application is refused and what forms we can use. Also if we use the 7yr route for the two boys, what will be our applications based on? Please advice and no hate comments or remarks pls. We have been through a lot. Thanks

4uvak
United Kingdom

Re: Help with refused dl

Post by 4uvak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 pm

Yachou
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Yachou » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:29 am

I am not judging nor having a hate comment but when you know yourself that you haven’t got that much means, you should refrain from having multiple births in such short times. You already have a disable child to care for at the expense of the tax payer, then other 3 kids, yourself and your husband. You can’t even take care of your expendings, so when the HO look at all of that, what do you think will be their answer to your application?
We all know that the immigration rules can be cruels but all I can see here is that you are just taking from them and not bringing anything into the system. Start telling your husband to do some voluntary work in hospitals or for a charity, please give something back and add that to your application.
I am sorry if you feel I am being harsh but I am being honest.
I hope everything goes well with your son health and that you get positive outcome to all your immigration worries 🙏🏻

Kidsmylife
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kidsmylife » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:16 am

We have been giving quite a lot back. Hubby worked as a chef in Hilton hotel until May 2017 and paid taxes since 2010 to 2017 until they kicked him out for not having a permanent vida due to pending home office application. We spent nearly 75000 pounds in studies and our fortunes at home worth around 500000 just to live here for 8 years. We haven't taken anything from the tax payer till Mar 2017.

As for having more kids, that's my right and no one can question that, nor are we unable to look after them if we were given the necessary documents to work, but it obviously wasn't planned. My body became immune to two types of contraception in a row. Did you wonder why there was a gap of 6 yrs between them? Obviously not. We didn't want any more. But we weren't about to abort either. Now it would be more useful if you could kindly answer my questions or your silence is appreciated. I am a qualified lecturer myself and worked while studying as a part time lecturer for 5 yrs. Right now my husband is looking after everyone as I have been in bed for 6 months with a broken tail bone after the last birth.

I hope someone else could please help me solve this. I have applied for UT permission directly and waiting decision. What do I do if they say no? Should I start a new application? Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:27 am

It may help if you state the grounds for the refusal and the determination details of the failed appeal.

Did you have representation?
Did you have an oral hearing?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.