ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry to Ireland based on family RC

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Entry to Ireland based on family RC

Post by himan1989 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi guys
I'm bit confused on article 10 RC now. Some days before I read that ireland accept all family residence cards but I didn't bookmarked that page
Which means don't know that it was before 2015 or after

Can anyone suggest me that if I go to ireland with my family residence card issued by Portugal (under article 15 ) with my wife.
Will they allow me to enter without applying for family permit?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Entry to Ireland based on family RC

Post by max307 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 pm

himan1989 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:33 pm
Hi guys
I'm bit confused on article 10 RC now. Some days before I read that ireland accept all family residence cards but I didn't bookmarked that page

Can anyone suggest me that if I go to ireland with my family residence card issued by Portugal (under article 15 ) with my wife.
I'm assuming you are EU citizen and your wife is non EU citizen, right?

If that's the case then all the instructions are clearly here: http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Family ... 20citizens
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by himan1989 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:54 pm

max307 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 pm
himan1989 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:33 pm
Hi guys

I'm assuming you are EU citizen and your wife is non EU citizen, right?

If that's the case then all the instructions are clearly here: http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Family ... 20citizens
these institutions for moving or residing but I want to know for visiting

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Does you wife holds a “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” or the equivalent in Portugal and is she travelling with you?

If yes then no visa needed, if no then she needs to apply for a C visa to come to Ireland.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by himan1989 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:43 pm

max307 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 pm
Does you wife holds a “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” or the equivalent in Portugal and is she travelling with you?

If yes then no visa needed, if no then she needs to apply for a C visa to come to Ireland.
hi Max
thank you so much for your help
I'm a non-eu national and she is european