ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Renewal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mazkhan110
Newly Registered
Australia

Spouse Visa Renewal

Post by mazkhan110 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Question for the experts,
This is a hypothetical question.

We have 3 kids (all British) including myself. Wife is on spouse visa. Lets say, the moment has come where we need to renew her visa, but unluckily I am unemployed for the few preceding months. Assuming wife stays home and takes care of the kids etc.

How do we survive? With the little we have saved up over time (not more than 10,000)

The question:
At renewal time, assuming the 18,600 income threshold still exists, I probably won't make the cut. I'm assuming they financially check me out on my wages. Based on the above, what would the result be?

Maz

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Renewal

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:48 pm

The visa extension would be refused.

If you do not meet the financial requirement, spouse should apply on FLR(FP) PARTNER route, which is a 10 year route to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.