ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa-where to apply & send ORIGINAL docs?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benjamin74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Spouse visa-where to apply & send ORIGINAL docs?

Post by benjamin74 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi all,

We need some advice, and the more we look into it, the more we get confused!

Me-British citizen
Wife-Indonesian
Apply: UK Spouse Visa

I am currently in the UK with our 2 kids, and working here. My wife is in the UK now with us on a 6-month Visitor Visa, and is going back to Indonesia on the 4th September to apply for the Spouse Visa.

Now, we have nearly completed the on-line form and completed the Appendix. But, here we are confused. Does my wife take ALL the original documents to Indonesia with her - including my passport, the kids' passports, our UK marriage certificate etc, or, do we send all the original documents to Sheffield, apart from her Passport which she will obviously need?

I've read that some countries can send to Sheffield and others can't but on the Indonesian VFS Global website, I can't find exactly which one we are allowed to do?

Would be grateful for some advice.

Thanks in advance!

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Re: Spouse visa-where to apply & send ORIGINAL docs?

Post by sabrinagul » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:56 pm

I had the same problem when applying for my husband's spouse visa from tunisia! The vfs website stated they scanned and then also stated documents had to be by posted ourselves to Sheffield.

I was in tunisia while my husband did his biometrics so he took all of the documents, but they said they had to be posted to the UK .. I brought them back with me and posted them myself.

As far as I'm aware, they don't scan anymore, and all supporting documents are to be sent to Sheffield in the post.. this is what I've seen most people doing but maybe double check to be completely sure.. it can be very confusing when the website doesn't state anything or is contradicting!!
Good luck :)