ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spousal visa application awaiting response since 27th march

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zara_awais
Newly Registered

spousal visa application awaiting response since 27th march

Post by zara_awais » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:59 pm

hey every1

my husband handed in his case on the 27th march to the gerry offfice in mirpur...they initially told him to come back an enquire in a week then following week then 2 weeks and yet again another 2 weeks...

i took the numbers for the islamabad embassy and called but they said that the gerry office in mirpur are currently handling all enquiries, i was woundring if any1 had any information for me who am i to contact, i have already visited www.ukvacpk.com and always same respone Status: "your case has been forwared to the british high comission on the 27th march 2008" and called the office number but keeps saying there is no response line has been closed.....

Am very confused and doubtfull of positive outcome...

CAN ANYONE HELP OR IS ANY1 IN THE SAME SITUATION

Thank you for your time....
kind regards

Zara Awais :cry: :shock: :? :cry:

RODNEY987
Newly Registered

Post by RODNEY987 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:15 am

I wouldn't worry too much yet, we were told the same thing.

My wife submitted hers in mumbai on 1st march, it's still processing. She only just got her medical, her application had been sitting there awaiting medical but vfs could'nt tell us that. The vfs website doe'nt change (until you have a result - even just before medicals) so I'd try and ring the high commision where the application is.

zara_awais
Newly Registered

Post by zara_awais » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:07 pm

yeah thanx, submitted in mirpur ak, hopefully see what happens already phoned the high commission but werent much help, told me that gerry office in control of lines to enquiries about visa application... hmmmmmmmmmm if they only knew how to answer the phone

thank you for the reassurance best of luck with the mrs case fingers crossed you and myself as well as others hears the news we all waiting for.... good luck keep me updated vice versa

zara

:lol: :wink: :) :D

Kuri
Newly Registered

Post by Kuri » Thu May 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi Zara

Im in the same situation as you, My husband submitted his on the 27th to and we have had no response.

I just checked today on the visa tracking website an it says the application has been processed and we should come collect passport, when my husband rang they said it still has'nt been processed.

Inshallah he is gone go to the office tomorow to check..

hopefully you should hear summat soon.. i had to re check the website several times, as i got used reading same message each day.

johnboy096

Re: spousal visa application awaiting response since 27th ma

Post by johnboy096 » Thu May 01, 2008 8:05 pm

zara_awais wrote:hey every1

CAN ANYONE HELP OR IS ANY1 IN THE SAME SITUATION

Zara Awais :cry: :shock: :? :cry:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24261

Check out the link...

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Sat May 03, 2008 9:44 am

Hi Kuri

what happened when ur husband went to check at the office? Had his passport arrived?

My husband submitted his application on 28th March, and we have been waiting since then and I am so very worried, the site is never updated and they say nothing new when you call.

I have had to return to UK without him 2 days ago because its taking so long! I just wish there was something I could do to hurry things up!

Kuri
Newly Registered

Post by Kuri » Sat May 03, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi TK..

My Husband went yesterday to pick up his passport and he got his Visa. The Visa was actually stamped on the 20th of April 11 days ago and we were only informed today, despite our daily enquiry that the application had been processed.

zara_awais
Newly Registered

Post by zara_awais » Sun May 04, 2008 11:40 am

Hey Kuri

congratulations, im well happy for you at least the wait is over 4 some of us.... yeah the gerry agency's take their time the're so useless. im still waiting have not had any reply at all keep reading same message on tracking passport am getting tired of all this stringing us along...
Am really happy for you tho, was woundering where did you hand in you case????

kind regards

Zara

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Sun May 04, 2008 12:43 pm

Congratulations Kuri! All this makes me very hopeful!

I hope I hear something soon, because my husband handed his in on around the same date as yours.

Once again - Congrats!

zara_awais
Newly Registered

Post by zara_awais » Sun May 04, 2008 1:15 pm

Hello TK

Am in the same boat as you, we handed our case on the 27th march when there was a mad rush because of the Easter Weekend... every week my husband goes but they keep telling him to come back, and the lines no-one picks up and the website jus the same day as you 1st logged on no progress...
Dont worry inshallah will be ok there is alot of people its happening to jus keep your chin up and keep checking i guess....
where did you hand your case in????

zara

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Sun May 04, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi Zara

I handed mine into Gerry's Fedex in Islamabad on 28th March.

I just hope we hear something soon - I just wish there was someone we could call in UK to hurry things up or find out whats happening!

Where did u hand your case in?

Kuri
Newly Registered

Post by Kuri » Sun May 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Thanks guys.. We handed our application in at Islambad.. InshAllah you both will hear some good news soon..

I know it aint much help but keep trying the tracking service on net before ringing.

textileweb
Newly Registered

sponsorship undertaking

Post by textileweb » Mon May 05, 2008 12:50 pm

Can any one tell me abt SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING FORM SU 07. i filled it and signed it proplery is it enough?/ the second page of form is marked with for offical use only. so i need to keep it blank right??? also i want to know if i need to attest it with someone or not??? please reply me its serious.

zara_awais
Newly Registered

Post by zara_awais » Tue May 06, 2008 9:18 pm

TKhan wrote:Hi Zara

I handed mine into Gerry's Fedex in Islamabad on 28th March.

I just hope we hear something soon - I just wish there was someone we could call in UK to hurry things up or find out whats happening!

Where did u hand your case in?

Hey TK

i handed it in on the 27th march in mirpur gerry office... its propa weird not knowing whats the outcome. dont you worry inshallah v get some good new soon i guess...but mind you my cuzion handed her case in after mine to the islamabad embassy and they called her to collect her husbands passport today so keep your fingers crossed not long to go inshallah....
i tried emailing the embassy but everyone out of office...hmmmmmm
speaking to them lot makes you feel like you'd get more info out a automated service....
keep me posted, good luck and i got my fingers crossed for the both of us inshallah

Zara

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Mon May 12, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi Zara

The tracking system got updated today, and apparantly my husband was invited for an interview on 8th May, Gerry's did not even bother to tell us! When my husband went to office to find out whats going on, they said they tried to call him lots of times but, could not get through. They refused to answer why they never told him when he calls everyday, or why was there site not updated on time.

Now they say it could take upto a month before he gets his next date! I have written a complaint letter to Gerry's and BHC.

I am disgusted with this pathetic service and system.

What about u? Any updates?

zara_awais
Newly Registered

Post by zara_awais » Wed May 14, 2008 9:50 pm

hey tk

yeah snap, checked the website was told to go to gerry office for an interview letter, he collected the letter today marshaallah he got an interview for tuesday 20th....

am so disgusted at their behaviour lucky i saw it on the website he still hasnt been informed by the gerry office, am bit optamistic about the outcome dont know why they need to interview him.... inshallah either way see what happens allah knows best.

did your husband get a letter??? it has a telephone number at the bottom have you tried to speak to someone from the british high commissions board, becuz not sure but have they told you, you have to resubmit the case and fees??? i feel so sad for you cuz thats the worst news and of no fault of yours that sucks!!!! they make me cringe the way they handle things over there....

try to email the head of gerrys office or better luck at the BHC its like

kind regards

Zara

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Wed May 14, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi Zara!

I wrote a letter of complaint to BHC about Gerry's and they gave his interview date via email. His interview is on 15th May! Tomorrow morning! I am so scared and worried. InshaAllah it will be good news. I am just praying and praying.

I hope it all goes well for you on Tuesday, hey, atleast something is happening and that in itself is progress.

Take k and keep me updated!

I will let u know what happens with the interview tomorrow.

princess22

Re: sponsorship undertaking

Post by princess22 » Sun May 18, 2008 2:27 pm

textileweb wrote:Can any one tell me abt SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING FORM SU 07. i filled it and signed it proplery is it enough?/ the second page of form is marked with for offical use only. so i need to keep it blank right??? also i want to know if i need to attest it with someone or not??? please reply me its serious.
Hey

The Offical use only has to be filled by them not you.

As long as you fill your details and your partners that is fine. I didnt have my sponsorship undertaking form attested. I had not sent this doc and my hubby told me to fax it and i did.

We submitted our case on the 26th of March and got the visa stamped on the 23rd of April but found out about passport on the 29th.

As long as you have all your documents you will be fine. If you're a believer have faith in your Lord, it helps a lot!

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Mon May 19, 2008 10:28 am

Hi princess, can you please tell me what is ths sponsorship undertaking form and where to get it from?

Also, you know the application form that the applicant fills in in pakistan for settlement, is it possible to get hold of that in UK so I may fill it in and fax it over?

Thanks

p.s. Zara, good luck to u and ur husband for tomorrow!

princess22

Post by princess22 » Tue May 20, 2008 5:13 pm

TKhan wrote:Hi princess, can you please tell me what is ths sponsorship undertaking form and where to get it from?

Also, you know the application form that the applicant fills in in pakistan for settlement, is it possible to get hold of that in UK so I may fill it in and fax it over?

Thanks

Hi Tkhan,

Here are the forms:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... ponsorform (sponsorship undertaking)

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf4 (application for settlement) This is what your partner will fill, or you would fill on behalf of your partner who is coming to the UK.

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Tue May 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Thanks princess...

zara how did the interview go today..?

zara_awais
Newly Registered

Post by zara_awais » Wed May 21, 2008 11:17 pm

hey tk and princess

im well gutted, they refused his visa and he has to appeal, it was so stupid the interviewer asked where i worked he named the practice and my job title and they said no we were talking about the area. then they asked him how many hours a day i worked he said 9-10 depending on shift rotation they said wrong we asked on a monthly basis.... he only found out that he apparently didnt answer the questions right when he collected the enevelop from the desk, from all 26 bizzar questioned asked these two are the reason for the appeal and that he didnt show evidence for work in the uk like job advertisements or joboffers.. other then that all papers in order... i guess they jus wanna make another £900 a weird way to flush money into the economy but i guess it got to come from somewhere....

we getting ready for his appeal going to receive paper in 3 days and take them to the solicitors on tuesday before our appeal date passes...

tk hope your husbands interview went well and thanks princess inshallah next time lucky got good solicitor inshallah see what happens hope all is well...

Zara

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri May 23, 2008 2:42 pm

princess22 wrote:
TKhan wrote:Hi princess, can you please tell me what is ths sponsorship undertaking form and where to get it from?

Thanks

Hi Tkhan,

Here are the forms:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... ponsorform (sponsorship undertaking)

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf4 (application for settlement) This is what your partner will fill, or you would fill on behalf of your partner who is coming to the UK.
thanks princess for sponsorship form link..

who all can fill the 'official use' section? notary?

is it needed for hsmp dependant visa?

if so, will it be valid if i get it faxed to my partner in india?

sorry for too many questions.. thanks..

princess22

Post by princess22 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:59 pm

abhijack wrote:
princess22 wrote:

Thanks

Hi Tkhan,

Here are the forms:

thanks princess for sponsorship form link..

who all can fill the 'official use' section? notary?

is it needed for hsmp dependant visa?

if so, will it be valid if i get it faxed to my partner in india?

sorry for too many questions.. thanks..
The offical use is for the embassy agents. As for HSMP I dont know, if it is and you fax it over then it will be fine as I did this and it was accepted.

My husband received his visa within 4 weeks.

t44bby

husbands visa application in pakistan

Post by t44bby » Tue May 27, 2008 2:43 pm

:( hi.hope sombody can help!!!!!!!!!my husband submitted his application on the 15th of april 2008 in islamabad fedex..but every time he calls all thy say is ring after two days,,his getting sick of it and so am i,,,Help!!tried calling them in islambad and all ive been advised is to keep checking on the website,,ive tryed doin that and all i get is invalid search,,,when i called them they said call after two days still in progress,,,advised my hubby to go down,,but y is it tking so long??????