ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please assess my application documents...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farrukh55
Newly Registered

Please assess my application documents...

Post by farrukh55 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:52 pm

I am preparing following documents from Pakistan:

Age(20 Points): Original (Birth certificate. Driving license, noterised copy of passport)

Education(30 points): Original bachalor degree and trnascript (from FAST-NUCES)

English language: Letter from uni stating medium of instruction is english for bachalor degree.

Past Earnings(25 points): I am showing two salaried empolyments, one full time and one consultancy work. So both are explained below:

1.Salary slips and letter from employer 1 stating salary and tax deducted. The company submits tax of all emplyees on their befhalf. I dont have tax return of this salary but company can provide thier list of all of emplyee's for which tax has been submmited including mine. Are these evidences OK?

2. For consultancy work, company don't pays tax for my salary, I have to make a separate tax return for that salary by submitting tax or letter from employer stating salary is enough?I receieve salary in cash and cannot provide bank statements.

Please advice on ur experiences that if I apply with above documents what are the probs and succes chances?. I am appliying on my own and not through any consultant coz they only charge money for documentation nothing else.

Thanks

Farrukh

jugnu
Newly Registered

Re: Please assess my application documents...

Post by jugnu » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:22 pm

For earning documents- Please also attach bank statements which reflect income crediting into your bank account.
farrukh55 wrote:I am preparing following documents from Pakistan:

Age(20 Points): Original (Birth certificate. Driving license, noterised copy of passport)

Education(30 points): Original bachalor degree and trnascript (from FAST-NUCES)

English language: Letter from uni stating medium of instruction is english for bachalor degree.

Past Earnings(25 points): I am showing two salaried empolyments, one full time and one consultancy work. So both are explained below:

1.Salary slips and letter from employer 1 stating salary and tax deducted. The company submits tax of all emplyees on their befhalf. I dont have tax return of this salary but company can provide thier list of all of emplyee's for which tax has been submmited including mine. Are these evidences OK?

2. For consultancy work, company don't pays tax for my salary, I have to make a separate tax return for that salary by submitting tax or letter from employer stating salary is enough?I receieve salary in cash and cannot provide bank statements.

Please advice on ur experiences that if I apply with above documents what are the probs and succes chances?. I am appliying on my own and not through any consultant coz they only charge money for documentation nothing else.

Thanks

Farrukh

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:32 pm

Read http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /earnings/

It is essential that earnings are corroborated by more than one source - payslips and letter from employer will be considered to be from "one" source (employer) and hence will not be accepted as valid evidence.

regards

jugnu
Newly Registered

Post by jugnu » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Please let me know what should I do in my case.

I am an Indian national on a Student Visa in United Kingdom, I want to switch over to Tier 1 - Point based system(General Highly Skilled Migrant Programme). I have thoroughly read the points based system guidelines but still have a querry regarding my previous earnings which were generated in India.

I am claiming points for my previous earnings from September 2005 to August 2006 after which I started my full time education in UK.

From September 2005 to August 2006 I was working for two empoyers and going by the guidelines I can claim points for both the employement.One employer used to make the remittance of the salary directly to the bank account but the second employer used to pay cash. I have paid income tax on both the salaries. As there are two forms of evidence required from two independent sources.I am able to furnish pay slips and letter from employer but I am unable to furnish the bank statements as for my second job I was paid cash.

I understand I can submit Income Tax returns( Saral Form) instead of the bank statements for the above said period . Referring to C3.61 of the guidance note income tax return should be the exact amount of the income which is reflected in pay slips. This will not be possible in my case as I would have to submitt two income tax returns one ending financial year 2005-2006 and the second ending fnancial year 2006-2007 .As the period I am claiming is in 2 different financial years and the income tax return will not specify the exact months the income is earned as it will only state the complete income of two financial years.

Please let me know if in this case the income tax return if it is as an acceptable document, if not can you please suggest if I can provide any other document that will suffice the need.
[http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /earnings/

It is essential that earnings are corroborated by more than one source - payslips and letter from employer will be considered to be from "one" source (employer) and hence will not be accepted as valid evidence.

regards[/quote]

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:12 am

Jugnu,

Given the Tier 1 guidance notes - "Please note that whilst tax documents are included in the list of acceptable documentation, they will rarely be of use. This is because tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period and will therefore not show the entire period for which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they exactly mirror the period claimed. Applicants should therefore be cautious about using such documentation unless they are satisfied that that it details the exact amount of earnings for which they are claiming points".

So Saral is not a choice for you in either case - employer 1 or employer 2.
So if you do not have bank statements to prove earnings from employer 2, then I am not sure if (and how) you will be able to claim that share of your earnings.

regards