ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can my Partner live in Germany with me?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

How can my Partner live in Germany with me?

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:02 pm

Bit of a bugger...

She came here on three year student visa - we lived together from day one, but the middle year was here yr abroad in Germany so it made a UPV app a bit of a no-no.

We both love Germany, and I'm always in the market for a job offer there, and now one's come up. She ideally would like to study another yr for her Masters, here or anywhere, obviously together is best.

She finishes this term, so timing is goodish, but on what visa can she come with me on? For me, has to be a German student visa, till we rack up two years or prove a durable relationship on my treaty rights.

I don't think we would qualify under extended family member, but I thought I'd ask here for opines.

Ta!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Thu May 01, 2008 5:49 pm

I think you've answered your own question. Unless you marry, the best option is a student visa for her as you exercise your treaty rights there. And then...an eventual UPV situation.

Any idea where in Germany you would like to end up?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 01, 2008 6:44 pm

RobinLondon wrote:I think you've answered your own question. Unless you marry, the best option is a student visa for her as you exercise your treaty rights there. And then...an eventual UPV situation.

Any idea where in Germany you would like to end up?
We both loved Hamburg and Berlin, she had six months in each and I was there almost every weekend...

But all the jobs are Frankfurt/Dusseldorf/Munchen, to be honest I prefer Munchen, the other two place are too 'rebuilt' thanks the the RAF!

Having said that we are now looking down the IGS route and staying here a while!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....