ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 general dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londondreams2018
India

Switching Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 general dependent

Post by londondreams2018 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:30 pm

Hi

I am currently on ICT Tier 2 visa in U.K. My spouse has acquired a tier 2 RCoS in august 2018 allocation and will be travelling next week to India for her visa stamping.

I need to know if I can change my visa type from within UK or I also need to travel India for Change of visa?
Second, do I need to inform my employer and ask them to cancel my current ICTcos or will it be cancelled automatically. As I understand I can't hold two visa at same time so one needs to be cancelled.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 general dependent

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:52 am

1. You can switch within the UK to dependent visa as long as you do it before your current visa expires.

2. You need to tell employer when you get your dependent visa. Your ICT visa will be cancelled automatically by HO when a dependent visa is granted.

3. Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. I have split your post to its own thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.