ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NDRS appointment documents for MN1 application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Neriah
Newly Registered
Nigeria

MN1 question

Post by Neriah » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:30 am

Hello members, please I have a question as regards the MN1 form. This is for an application under section 1(3) Birth in the UK to parents who are now settled in the UK.

1.) The question is as regards Section 2 - Residence requirements of the paper form application.
Question 2.1 ) If the child is resident in the United Kingdom or a British Overseas territory (see page 18 of the Guide), give date and place of first arrival ?

1a.) My 1st question goes thus; Does the above question refer to applicants that were born in UK or just for applicants who were born abroad ?

1b.) My 2nd question is if it refers to applicants born abroad, does it make a difference if the child was born in U.K. but not registered when born and left the country for a year and then applied as a Child dependant and returned to the UK ? Would that qualify as when the child became resident in U.K. Or does it not apply regardless because the child was born in U.K. ?

1c.) Also in the paper application it does not state how long the referees should know the child for but I have read on the forum that it states that on the online application, referees must know the child for at least 2years? Is this a must and what happens if the Child is 3 and hasn't been known by any teachers or professionals in that capacity because child only started pre - school at the age of 2 ?

Thanks in advance

Neriah
Newly Registered
Nigeria

NDRS appointment documents for MN1 application

Post by Neriah » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi fellow members and Guru's,

Please I have an urgent question, please when attending the NDRS appointment for the MN1 they ask for Original referee page. Please should this be the printed version after filling the form online or I just print out the referee page from the paper and ask the referees to sign?

Another question please. The required passport picture do I need to give the referees to sign the back or I can just put the child's name at the back of the picture myself?

Also please do I need to upload the child's passport pic on the online form or I can just submit the printed version during the NDRS appointment and that's it?

Please need urgent reply. Thanks in advance.