ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa before settlement application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crazyfrog0281
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Visit visa before settlement application

Post by crazyfrog0281 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:35 am

Hi

I am thinking of applying for a visit visa for my Mrs and child to stay with me in the UK for a few month before i can apply for their settlement visa when they return to the country where they have been residing i-e Pakistan.

I can not apply for their settlement visa in next 6 months, because I have recently changed my employer and I believe the requirement is, "You’ve worked with the same employer earning £18,600 or more for 6 months or longer."

When applying for their visit visa are there be any potential complications?
Will my change of employment effect the visit visa application for them?

Hoping to get valuable feedback.

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visit visa before settlement application

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:30 am

crazyfrog0281 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:35 am
Hi

I am thinking of applying for a visit visa for my Mrs and child to stay with me in the UK for a few month before i can apply for their settlement visa when they return to the country where they have been residing i-e Pakistan.

I can not apply for their settlement visa in next 6 months, because I have recently changed my employer and I believe the requirement is, "You’ve worked with the same employer earning £18,600 or more for 6 months or longer."

Regards
You may be surprised/pleased to listen that even if you have recently change the job then still you can apply for them the spouse & dependant visa without having need to stay with current employer for next 6 months via Category B - Salaried/non-salaried person. For this purpose, you must have earned at least (£18600+3800)= £22400 during the last 12 months of date of application plus your present job must be paying at least £22400 per year. To prove all that you will have to attach 12 months of payslips along with corresponding bank statements along with employer letter from recent employer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

crazyfrog0281
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by crazyfrog0281 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Fantastic. Thank you very much for the feedback.

In my previous employment my salary was around 36,000 pa. In the new employment it is 45,000 pa

Do I need to maintain certain amount of funds in my account for certain time period?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Do I need to maintain certain amount of funds in my account for certain time period?
No. You only need to prove you meet the salary per annum financial requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:13 pm

crazyfrog0281 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:13 pm
Fantastic. Thank you very much for the feedback.

In my previous employment my salary was around 36,000 pa. In the new employment it is 45,000 pa

Regards
The salary package you had & have now can exceed the financial threshold under category B. Simply focus on your family settlement visa instead visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

crazyfrog0281
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by crazyfrog0281 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:23 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:30 am
crazyfrog0281 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:35 am
Hi

Regards
You may be surprised/pleased to listen that even if you have recently change the job then still you can apply for them the spouse & dependant visa without having need to stay with current employer for next 6 months via Category B - Salaried/non-salaried person. For this purpose, you must have earned at least (£18600+3800)= £22400 during the last 12 months of date of application plus your present job must be paying at least £22400 per year. To prove all that you will have to attach 12 months of payslips along with corresponding bank statements along with employer letter from recent employer.

As I have been told, “must have earned at least (£18600+3800)= £22400 during the last 12 months of date of application plus your present job must be paying at least £22400 per year. To prove all that you will have to attach 12 months of payslips along with corresponding bank statements”

Another query if someone can assist, please.

It related to the gap during the employment. I left my previous job on the 4th of May 2018 and started working with the current employer on the 28th of May 2018. Will this gap during employment affect in any way?

Regards

crazyfrog0281
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by crazyfrog0281 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Another query if someone can assist, please.

As I have been told, “must have earned at least (£18600+3800)= £22400 during the last 12 months of date of application plus your present job must be paying at least £22400 per year. To prove all that you will have to attach 12 months of payslips along with corresponding bank statements”

It related to the gap during the employment. I left my previous job on the 4th of May 2018 and started working with the current employer on the 28th of May 2018. Will this gap during employment affect in any way?

Regards