ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO rescheduled my Premium appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hamzababy
United Kingdom

HO rescheduled my Premium appointment

Post by hamzababy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:50 pm

i had my premium appointment on 28th august , all documents, were dated signed & ready and now the home office gave me 7th September date , making my documents out of 28 days policy...

so pissed..

any chance of me keep trying online for any earlier date or i shouldn't waste time?

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: HO rescheduled my Premium appointment

Post by equitydealer » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:15 pm

That’s extremely unfortunate. You can try to find an earlier date online, there are cancellations which pop up but the chances of it being in the timescale you need are low.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

FreshFromTheGrave
Mood:
South Africa

Post by FreshFromTheGrave » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Wow I didn't know they could just do that :/ like with no consideration for your circumstances or anything. That makes me rather nervous since my appointment is unfortunately on the day of my visa expiry.

Keep trying in the early morning and afternoon at like 12pm and 3pm to reschedule. Sometimes very early appointments do pop up but they are fleeting so be quick if you spot one.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:00 pm

It’s does happen occasionally I’ve read about it happening to others. Maybe a staffing issue on that day.

They really should have fitted you in the next day, 7 September is quite some delay.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

FreshFromTheGrave
Mood:
South Africa

Post by FreshFromTheGrave » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:12 pm

There is a phone number on one of your appointment confirmation things, maybe it's worth giving them a call and seeing if they can help? I know they tend to be a bit useless for that kind of thing and just tell you to cancel and rebook but I mean this isn't your fault :/

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:37 pm

That really is bad! However, if you cannot reschedule, I would include your receipt of payment for your initial date of PSC appointment and explain in a covering note that your documents were collected to be within 28 days of that date. It may be possible for you to get an updated bank statement either posted by your bank or printed in bank and stamped.