ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My IHS charge was partially refunded. Why?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farazk86
Pakistan

My IHS charge was partially refunded. Why?

Post by farazk86 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:10 pm

So I applied for tier 2 priority on 1st of August and am still awaiting for the decision. However I inquired about it yesterday and I was told that my application has bee completed and that my documents have been passed on to the courier services for delivery.

My last tier 2 visa was for 18 months and expiring in May 2019. I paid 300 IHS for that.

My new post is also for 18 months and again I paid 300 for this.

Today a refund of £100 showed up in my account as an IHS refund.

Did they automatically refund the difference? As I paid for this period in my previous application. And I was again charged for these six months in my new application?

My next question is that, based on the partial refund, does that mean that my application was successful? As I am still anxiously waiting for a decision. Does this mean my application was successful?

Thanks

Frisian
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: My IHS charge was partially refunded. Why?

Post by Frisian » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:26 pm

I heard that they will partially refund you the IHS charge from previous visa automatically if you are lucky, so in my opinion your visa is definitely completed.

farazk86
Pakistan

Re: My IHS charge was partially refunded. Why?

Post by farazk86 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Frisian wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:26 pm
I heard that they will partially refund you the IHS charge from previous visa automatically if you are lucky, so in my opinion your visa is definitely completed.
Thanks for the confirmation, thats what I thought as well.. even paid for priority this time and after 13 working days still havent received a definitive decision =/ so you resort to hints like this refund one to determine the outcome of ones visa