ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement Category G Spouse ILR Application - IT Contractor

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nobody81
Newly Registered

Spouse ILR Application - IT Contractor

Post by nobody81 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi there,

I'll be applying for my wife's ILR in September this year. Since August last year, I'm working as a contractor (my limited company has been trading since 2015 but I was a full-time employee somewhere else), both myself and my wife are directors of that company since 2015. My wife is also an employee of the company and she's on 19K salary. I wanted to ask, can the financial section of her ILR application SET(M) be filled as her being salaried employee (8.3A) instead of self-employed (8.3B)? This way, I don't have to be on the application's financial section at all and also attaching payslips and bank statements is much simpler than all the documents required if she goes for self-employed? Though I'm not sure, if being a director she can go with 8.3A option. If this is the case, can she be removed from her directorship and just be an employee who takes salary and dividends, would that work?

Regards!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse ILR Application - IT Contractor

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Self employment is defined differently and requires registration with HMRC
Unlike what you think, directorship of a company is NOT self employment.
She is an employee of her own company as she is on payroll, NOT self employed. She can therefore declare the salary as employment.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nobody81
Newly Registered

Post by nobody81 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Thanks Zimba88. The following excerpt from the financial guidance notes says that if you are an employee or director of a specified limited company, category F or G needs to be filled in? Does this not make her self-employed

Income from self-employment, and income as a director or employee of a specified
limited company in the UK, of the partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK
with permission to work). This is referred to as Category F or Category G,
depending on which financial year(s) is or are being relied upon. See section 9 of
this guidance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Not legally speaking.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sijokurian
Newly Registered
India

Post by sijokurian » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Hello..under which category you finally applied and how did it go

nobody81
Newly Registered

Post by nobody81 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:03 pm

sorry for the too late reply, haven't applied yet, it's due next month. Did you have to apply for your wife ILR?

nobody81
Newly Registered

Spouse ILR Application - IT Contractor

Post by nobody81 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi there,

I'll be applying for my wife's ILR in two weeks time, I've been contracting through a limited company since August last year, before that I was in full time employment somewhere else. We are going to go for 8.3B and category G. I wanted to ask, since my last financial years's tax returns not only show the money I earned from dividends but also from being employed full time somewhere else, will I be contradicting myself by going with category G but also showing the salary I earned through being an employee?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:53 pm

Topics Merged (click to read)

Kindly keep ILR questions in this topic and not posting them in the Immigration for Family Members sub forum. Thanks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nobody81
Newly Registered

Financial Requirement Category G Spouse ILR Application - IT Contractor

Post by nobody81 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi there,

I'll be applying for my wife's ILR in two weeks time, I've been contracting through a limited company since August last year, before that I was in full time employment somewhere else. We are going to go for 8.3B and category G. I wanted to ask, since my last financial years's tax returns not only show the money I earned from dividends but also from being employed full time somewhere else, will I be contradicting myself by going with category G but also showing the salary I earned through being an employee?

Many thanks!

nobody81
Newly Registered

Post by nobody81 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:05 pm

sure, many thanks. Can this be deleted. I just posted a new one with better headline.

nobody81
Newly Registered

Post by nobody81 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:29 pm

Anyone plz?