ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Guidance For Ltd Company.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

siddhverm
Newly Registered

Need Guidance For Ltd Company.

Post by siddhverm » Thu May 01, 2008 8:25 pm

Hi Guys,
I am very new here. I am doing contracting right now and wanted to open my own limited company. My HSMP renewal will be in April 09 so few doubts i have in my mind:
1. If I open my own Ltd. Company and withdraw salary and dividend then in which category I can apply for renewal (Salaried or Self-employed)
2. What all documents I need to submit for my earning during renewal.
3.. There is one point on new form that if you run your own business then while applying for HSMP renewal you have to show next 6 months business plan. If that is the case then my contract will be getting over in end of March 09 and in that case I can’t show next 6 months projection.
4. Last but not the least which will be better for me, running my invoice through Umbrella Company or open my own limited company. In which ways I can save more my money and my take home will be more.

I will really appreciate your time and effort to reply my questions and clear my doubts.

Cheers.
Sid

segs2tier1

Post by segs2tier1 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:00 pm

If you open your own company you will qualify as self employed.

At the same time you can still contract work by using an Umbrella Company. This way you can apply as employed since you will be an employee of that Umbrella Company.

There is a small feee for their work though such as invoicing your agency etc..