ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long term family visit visas for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jane2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

10 year long term family visit visas for parents

Post by jane2018 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:51 am

Hi everyone,

I recently obtained leave to remain in the UK as spouse of UK citizen. I have BRP. I also have 7 yo British child. (my parent's grandchild).

I want to help my parents to obtain long term visitor visas to the UK for the purpose of visiting me and their grandchild during school holidays. My parents had 6months visitor visas before(about 1,5 years ago) but they are expired. They visited me twice using those visas, each time for a short time for about 10 days. They did not overstay or breached the terms of the 6 months visas. My father is full-time employed and my mother is retired. In terms of evidence in support of the previous expired visas I provided a simple invitation letter without any sponsorship(although I told that they are staying with us in terms of accomodation). Previously my parently fully relied on themselves in terms of finances.
My questions now:
1)Do I need to provide an official sponsorship letter https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... orm_12.pdf
2)If I do, would it increase or decrease chances?
I am self-sufficient (have good savings in my uk bank account) and just obtained employment for 45K with permanent contract.
My father has a reasonably paid job but not that much money in his bank account now. (May be enough? it would be my next question).
3)How much money should my parents show to get the visas in my case?
4) If I do provide my parents with sponsorship, how should they answer the question who is paying for the trip?
5) If I provide sponsorship, how many months of bank accounts should I show? There is no problem to show even 2 years but I do not want to overload busy Home Office caseworkers. The last time I provided 6 months of bank statements for my own spousal application, it was an inch thick of papers.
6) Should I provide photograph of me, my child and my parents.

Thanks.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: 10 year long term family visit visas for parents

Post by physicskate » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:36 am

jane2018 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:51 am
Hi everyone,

I recently obtained leave to remain in the UK as spouse of UK citizen. I have BRP. I also have 7 yo British child. (my parent's grandchild).

I want to help my parents to obtain long term visitor visas to the UK for the purpose of visiting me and their grandchild during school holidays. My parents had 6months visitor visas before(about 1,5 years ago) but they are expired. They visited me twice using those visas, each time for a short time for about 10 days. They did not overstay or breached the terms of the 6 months visas. My father is full-time employed and my mother is retired. In terms of evidence in support of the previous expired visas I provided a simple invitation letter without any sponsorship(although I told that they are staying with us in terms of accomodation). Previously my parently fully relied on themselves in terms of finances.
My questions now:
1)Do I need to provide an official sponsorship letter https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... orm_12.pdf
2)If I do, would it increase or decrease chances?
I am self-sufficient (have good savings in my uk bank account) and just obtained employment for 45K with permanent contract.
My father has a reasonably paid job but not that much money in his bank account now. (May be enough? it would be my next question).
3)How much money should my parents show to get the visas in my case?
4) If I do provide my parents with sponsorship, how should they answer the question who is paying for the trip?
5) If I provide sponsorship, how many months of bank accounts should I show? There is no problem to show even 2 years but I do not want to overload busy Home Office caseworkers. The last time I provided 6 months of bank statements for my own spousal application, it was an inch thick of papers.
6) Should I provide photograph of me, my child and my parents.

Thanks.
Your flag suggests your parents may be non-visa nationals??

They would be unlikely to be granted a 10 year visa - more likely to be a one or two year visa allowing visits for up to 6 months. Once they have a history of these shorter visas (the next step would be a 5 year), then they may be eligible for a 10 year.