ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get Stamp 4 Renewed?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hope75
Newly Registered

How to get Stamp 4 Renewed?

Post by hope75 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:00 pm

I have lived in Ireland for 6 years. The first 3 years were on a work permit. I then married an Irish national in 2005 and have remained working and living in Ireland with a Stamp 4. The stamp 4 was good for 3 years and is expiring in July. When I got my stamp all I had to do at the time was go to the Garda station with my marriage license and spouse. Looking through the boards it seems that a lot more is required now. Does anyone know the procedure? In other posts people have mentioned a letter from the Dept of Justice is needed - what does this letter say? Do you just phone the general line in the Dept to ask for this letter? Any assistance would be appreciated - it is so difficult to get an answer out of anyone in the govt about what to do!

Frances1978
Newly Registered

Post by Frances1978 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:17 pm

It was a simple process for me, as you described, to get a stamp 4 based on marriage to an irishman. I only got one year, and will need to go back next year with a marriage certificate, both passports, spouse and proof of address.

I totally agree with you - I was given advice that I'd have to wait 6 months and would require a work permit otherwise I'd not be allowed to work before residency came through (irish embassy in auckland). Basically got laughed at when I mentioned this when going in to register. They said it was a simple process - sure it's simple if you can find out what to do in the first place.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed May 07, 2008 11:25 am

Did anyone successfully renew a stamp 4 recently?

Is it enough to appear with
  • both spouses
  • both passports
  • marriage-certificate?
How long in advance (before expiry of old stamp4) can this be done?